Ph Rising And Rising....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Clown23

Reaction score
Hi,

After 10 years of fish keeping I have finally joined a forum!! I have a query and I would be really grateful if anyone could help me.

Basically I have set up my fish tank after moving house, right now most of the fish are still in a temporary tank. I am using a new filter but all old gravel etc are in the tank in question, so right now the tank is still "cycling". I have in my tank apart from 4 rainbow fish, plants, one piece of bogwood and river stones (I have thoroughly cleaned them, soaked for a week and done the vinegar test - all ok) All of my tests have come back ok, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate - I am testing daily as this is cycling so I can make any changes. So heres the problem...my PH is rising..it had started around 6.8 and within one week it climbed to 7.6, I am at a loss as to why this has been rising I thought it was maybe due to the stones so I have taken stones and placed them in a busket of water and I have another bucket with just water - been testing this daily and there is no difference so it can't be the stones, can it? I have read that the bogwood should generally have the opposite effect on the PH.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back