PetsMart Rescue

The mutatioin that makes them wingless is easily reversed, which is where I think the problem is. I was very careful with mine, every time, but eventually, one will hatch with wings and that becomes dominant, so it was off to the races.
I always kept six bottles going so I could toss any with wings in there. I was told, but never followed up, that winged forms are more common when they are kept warm. I had more trouble in summer, but I also had more chance of a winged one sneaking in despite my caution, so...

Wait is it "pet smart" or "pets mart"???
Not sure if anyone on here still cares but as someone who used to work there, it was originally "PetsMart" and was rebranded as "PetSmart"

Unfortunately, most of us who work there really do care about the animals but some are undereducated (or just care about the money) or have to follow the rules corporate makes or risk being fired. For example, we are not allowed to refuse to sell an animal to a customer if they are over the age of 18 and can afford to pay for it. But we aren't allowed to ask for any form of ID to prove their age. It sucks because then we get the heat for choices that corporate makes. Did I ever deny a sale for a reason other than age? Yes. Did I ever have people yell at me for working there? Of course but my goal was to make sure that even if the animals aren't in ideal habitats, they were kept in clean quarters, with enough food and water, and mental stimulation. If you ever go to PetSmart, please be kind to the employees who work there. Most of us do our best to make sure the animals are as well cared for as they can be under the appalling conditions corporate expects them to "thrive" in.

Personally, if you are trying to choose between PetSmart and Petco, choose Petco. It seems a little bit better as far as the big chains go but I always recommend small, locally or family owned pet stores instead. They don't have a huge corporation dictating their choices.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back