Pebbles From B&q Safe?

Joshy

Fishaholic
Joined
Aug 5, 2007
Messages
467
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Colchester Essex
You know how you get the pebble to, well I guess cover your flower bed from B&Q.
Well I quite fancy the, what appear to be, polished off black ones.
Would they be safe in an aquarium if washed properly?

Thanks.
 
Should be, best way to find out is to use whats called the vinegar test, put a few drop of vinegar onto the rock, if it fizzes - dont use it. If it doesnt fizz, then they are safe to use. Yes you will need to thoroughly wash them in hot if not boiling water to make sure nothing nasty if on them.
 
Have they been mechanically polished or chemically polished? If polished mechanically, I'd say it would be okay. I'm not sure about chemicals used to polish landscaping rocks though...
 
Have they been mechanically polished or chemically polished? If polished mechanically, I'd say it would be okay. I'm not sure about chemicals used to polish landscaping rocks though...


they might have a chemical cover to them that will make them shine, the chemicals will affect the water if you use them
 
Anyone know if boiling them up would get around this?

I'd normally get more rocks from a local river, but its getting cold (it was freezing in the middle of summer) so I might go down the b&q route.
 
Dont be such a baby tenoh :lol:

Tell you what, I'll give you a lift down here and YOU go wading for me!

Its bad enough having dog walkers give you funny looks as you're wading around, without the other half taking photo's that very quickly found their way onto facebook...and ITS COLD!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top