Peas

eudielynn

Fish Addict
Reaction score
When I first started in these forums I read a thread about peas and the proper way to fix them for the fish. I have skimmed back through several of the forums I thought it might have been in but I can't find it now. :dunno: I must be doing something wrong. I put a few in some water and microwave just enough to get the shell off. Then I let them cool and drop the halves in the tank. My guppies will pick at them a little, but none of the other fish will touch them. I have tried twice now and they don't even check them out after the first time. Is there a better way to feed it to them? :crazy:

exactly as you do already but once you've blanched them and removed the shell, rather than just halving them, mush 'em up as you are putting them in the tank so the fish can grab little pieces with their oh so little mouths.

Imagine yourself trying to eat a whole apple using just your lips???? :no:

Then someone cuts it in to pieces for you and.....Job done :thumbs:

steve 8)

DUUUUH! I guess that would be hard. I have watched the guppies carry big chunks around for a minute or so before they give up. Thanks, I'll mush 'em up!

With my swordtails, the first 2 times I gave them peas they weren't even remotely interested. However, when I tried for the 3rd time they suddenly decided that peas were just the greatest thing in the world. Mush 'em up and try a couple more times.

I feed whole cooked shelled green peas to my Tiger Oscar. He absolutely loves them, but they are only a treat. I shouldn't say he LOVES them, because he eats almost everything :lol:
~Taylor~

:no: I'm about to give up on the peas. I have tried two more times, squishing the peas this time, and only one of my fish will even look at them. Last night I watched the ghost shrimp pig out on them, but the fish just ignored them. Maybe I'm a bad cook. :*)

Most reactions

Back