Some people cook theirs - but if you do, don't cook them too soft or they'll make a mess in your tank.
I'm not certain, but I think this is only necessary with fresh peas - have to see what others say.
Like many others, I feed thawed, frozen peas, which tend to be softer than fresh and can be simply squashed for plecs and otos.
I'd like to add that one of my White Cloud Minnows picked up and actually managed to get lodged in (and I think actually through) her throat a large piece of one of the squashed pea halves put in for a bristlenose currently in that tank, despite a shower of suitably sized tiny bits put in for the littler guys; she died - I couldn't get it out...
I've heard on this forum of another such incident in a White Cloud Minnow, and this large pea warning may apply to other fish as well.
Now the baby bristlenose has to pick up little bits, like the others.
For the little guys, I spend &%$#$@*! ages pinching off tiny morsels with a thumbnail, flicking them into the various tanks, and almost everyone loves these.
You have to think bite-sized for the various fish you're feeding...