Parrot Chilids

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

chrisandmarie

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i have just got 2 breeding pair of parrot chilids and put them in my tank and my black widows are kinda hanging round the female are black widows from the same family

No they wont be from the same family,Black widows are a form of the tetra family. You want to watch when the parrots get bigger as those black widows may become lunch! Seems like theres nothing to worry about right now, maybe if the widows were in the tank 1st, its highly possible they just checking out their new tank mates, and also turned highly inquisitive due to change. I have 2female and 1 male parrot in my tank, but i have my siamese flying fox, and golden panchax snooping around now and again, sometimes not leaving them alone for days lol =]

i thought parrot fish were infertile because they are cross breeds i may be wrong

There have been reports of the males now being given some kind of hormone to stop them being infertile, how true those are Im not sure, but it sounds something like they would do in those farms in asia.

but saying that they looked like little shrimp tiny tiny little things in a breeding net and they were in an orniment in the net

Could have been, are they definately parrots? I know that sounds a stupid question and Im not trying to be sarcastic, but a breeding pair are a rare and unusual thing. How much did he charge you for them?

:shout: im being told that they are jelly beans but not been dyed as they are white i gave my 6inch yo-yo loach and 10.00 . ive just looked at the small one and the tip of its top fin is a very very light blue the other fins are orange and the body is white it keeps hiding tn the ship and the big one keeps going in comeing out then back in again why are they doing this and why has the small one changed colour

i have just got 2 breeding pair of parrot chilids and put them in my tank and my black widows are kinda hanging round the female are black widows from the same family

tbh i think your more likely to come across the winning euro lottery numbers than 2 breeding pairs of parrots for sale at the same time/place,

do you have any pics?

ty people are saying they are deformed and that there jellybeans so they been interbred , but ive looked at a site and i agree there only babys at mo there not full adult size yet but the male is digging holes in the sand and in the black plant pot

yea they still seem young but they might be pink convicts convicts tend to dig just before breeding this is my pink convict

notice the similarity
DSC00033.jpg

Most reactions

Back