Paradise Fish, Suddenly Very Sick

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

qball922

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
My paradise fish, Oscar, just today showed serious signs of distress and illness. He was perfectly fine until last nights 30% water change. He was being sluggish at feeding time and wasnt his normal energetic self. Today when i got home from work i found him laying on his side on the bottom of my tank. My female krib (who's protecting her young still) started to get very close and attempt to chase him away from her babies. Oscar came back at her with his gilla flared, but still wasn't putting muvh effort into being intimidating. His fins are slightly frayed at the ends like denim, but he doesnt have swelling at the base of them. It could possibly be fin rot, because he barely flares his tail anymore like he used to, and his fins seem to be receding slightly. I need someones opinion /advice. Oscar's been in my tank since day one, and its upsetting to see him like this. I just Isolated him to my QT tank, and he seems slightly better, just because theres no other fish to stress him. Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes that is indeed stress. A parent fish (like your krib) will always be on the look out and will chase away anything. Separating them would be the best option

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back