Pairing Kribensis

Ok Thanks...You did help a lot...Il acclimatise her today first but i don't have any tetras, the fish i have are a betta, tigerbarbs, angelfish, pearl gourami, bn catfish all in the 40 gallon because of their size, speed and requirements ...Why, can't she stay alone in the 15 gallon??? I could try putting a snail in if that will be ok, to keep her company. So 15 % every 2 days, why a lot of water changes?
Thanks again.
P.S. i got your email just in case of emergency or any beneficial updates i have...

Ok ive successfuly transferred my female krib into the 15 gallon alone...But i have sort of an emergency, my male krib has not eaten for 2 days...The last thing he ate was brine shrimp but next day and the day after i tried giving my fish flake and frozen, the male krib is the only one hiding amongst plants not caring about the food...Do i transfer him to the 15 gallon as well since there are not much plants and i can easily get him to eat??? I know he will be in there with the female but right now, the smaller female seems to be the stronger specimen...I really dont want the male to die and i am confident that they will be happier together in a tank of their own...Right now, the male krib is just hiding, not caring whatsoever about anything going on even food...PLease help. Every fish in the tank besides him is 100%heallthy, eating correctly, swimming right etc...Right now, im considering of transferring him to the smaller tank with less plants but i need your's or anyone elses opinion first... Thanks..
The male doesnt seem to have any signs of ilness...He is just more slower than his usual...Instead of roaming the tank, for the last couple of days he just hides, clueless to any food put in....

You need tetras to keep her company and give her somthing constructive to do, like defend her territory, and the thrill of the hunt. The thing is the tetras are to fast so they cant be eaten. How did you get my e-mail? Also e-mail me to make sure it works.
Also the cleaner the water the faster she grows and the healthier she will be. Try to give me daily e-mails on things such as behaviour, eating, color. It will help me know when she is ready to breed. How big is the rocks in you aqaurium? They really like to dig but they dont bother plants. Your male probably has an internal parasite. My discus has an internal parasite and has the same simptoms that your male krib has. I would do a trade in with a healthier male because if your garantiees up then you are stuck with him. Do not put him in with the female! If she is" stonger" then she could start picking on him. If you have any other questions please let me know.

You pm me the email...I will give you daily updates of both kribs via email (to see if it works)...I dont think i could trade him in so il just hope for the best. I might get 5 white cloud minnows, maybe black skirts but i cant right now. Il update on it if i could get a lift to the fish shop...If not, then il just have to be patient...The gravel are about 1mm to 5mm in radius.

That is a great size. Also you might want to have about 4 caves because they can be very chosey about were they breed. Also if you want the eggs to not get fungus( most of the eggs do when they are first time mothers) use methelyne blue as it prevents fungus attacks after the eggs are layed. Do you want the batch to be half guys or half girls or all girls or all guys or a general mix of both sexes? More acidic waters tend to produce mor females and more akaline waters produce more males, so for a even ration a ph of 7.0 will give you half guys, half girls.

To give her all the protein that she needs her is a feeding schedule that I use that I think would be good for her. The first day feed her a block of tubifex worms and flake. On the second day give her froxen beefheart and flake. On the third day give her frozen or live brine shrimp and flake. On the fourth day give her blanched( dipped in boiling water for about 1 second) lettuce and peas that have been boild, shelled, and mushed plus flake. And repeat the cycle. You dont have to do this but I would recomend it. Hope this helps.

That did help...i might just feed your way but only have frozen brine shrimp, frozen and freeze dried blood worms and flake...Instead of the lettuce, can i place a cucmber...Or maybe better, half a spirulina disc made for bottom feeders??? Anyway, i would like a mixture of boys and girls in the batch...I just gave her one large freeze dried worm and il give her her flakes tonight...I think my tank is really going well for her, she doesnt have to compete for food like when she was in the 35...My only major problem i have is my male...I really want him to revive and not compete for food with the other large and faster fish...I wish i could place him in the 15gallon so my female will also have company (i could not manage having a lift to the lfs to get tetras and i have no lift for the week)...If you let me place him in the 15g, if i see any disturbance in the male or female, i could easily rehome him back to the larger tank but right now, i feel like i have to do something...Its up to you??? Other than the sickly male, i have no problems and it really loks like i am going to have a healthy female...Thanks...

How about you put your male in a breeder. Do you own one? They float in the tank, but as I said if he has an internal parasite, he wont eat, no matter what. You can get medicine called prazzis pro but it is 14 dollars. I would also be worries that if the male has somthing contagious the female might get it too.

OK...seems like nothing i can do since his on the bottom of the tank and not very active...Have you ever had a fish come back from such a sickness...All i could do now is hope for the best...

You can pray, but a fish with a internal parasite is somthing nasty to recover from. Please post a picture of him and I might be able to tell whats wrong.

Hey...i sent you the pics...right now he is on his side at the bottom and breathing heavily...Il place him in a bucket for now (airated) to give him more oxygen...

BAD NEWS...My male has actually now died of internal parasites :(...right now, the only thing best to do is take care of my remaing fish especially the female in the 15gallon giving a varied nutrtional diet to make her the best female krib it can be...I will keep her alone in the 15g until shes ready and when she is, i will buy her a mate so they could spawn...Il give you updates on my remaing female 'Kribensis12' via email and i will also post major achievments in this forum...Thanks guys for all your help...

Most reactions

Back