Overstocking

pictus's are probly also too big and i am pretty sure they will kill each other when they get older bcuz thats what mine did b4 i added a 3rd.

:( :( :( :unsure: im still gonna get the 55 because im only 15 and have parents that dont even want me to get the 55. I want my fish to be happy. i guess i can want on the ram even their so cool :drool: and get zebras or neons. the pitcus and loach go to the 55 howfully before the neons or zebras are eatin, the post i did before, the one on the other tread, was before ive decided to get a 55 because i found room, and they were my first fish so their special :p ;)

Seriously, having a pictus myself, don't get any more danios or neons yet. I know you want to spice up the tank, but if you get more by the time you get the 55 there is a good chance you won't have most of your neons or danios, and that would be a waste of your good money. Just wait till the 55, then deal with getting anymore new fish. It's the best way to keep from getting any problems in your current tank, and not to waste money on pretty fish which will end up as feeders. Hope you get the 55 soon. :)

In regards to the clown loaches and them in a 55 Gallon what everyone here seems to have forgotten is they are slow growers with a reported growth average of 1" per year.

Depending on how big your clown loach is now and your future plans (say in 3 or 4 years when you are over 18) you may be fine with 3 of them in a 55 gallon.

This may be true but you never know where you'll be or your financial situation in those 3 or 4 years so it i best to be prepaired before-hand and not get something unsuitable as larger fish like large-ish clown loaches can be difficult to re-home.

Most reactions

Back