Overload?

[/quote]
ya and he lied about its size it deffinetly about 1 foot in diameter at least and it was in a 225 gallon tank so ya i hope he will give it to someone who can actually take care of it ill try to convince him to give it away thanks guys!
[/quote]

No, it actually did look 8 inches in diameter, because it was not fully expanded.

Nothing has died, except for a deformed chromis that the nem ate.

I can't give the nem back to the people because they already took down their tank.

The only chance you have is by making a cave at the very top of the tank and putting him in there - but unfortunatley he is a carpet anemone and they like to be on the bottom of the tank with their foot partly in the sand and partly on rockwork. I suppose you could try making a cave with sand in, its got to be worth a try now that he is in your tank and you can't take him back. However if it were me I would try finding him a suitable home.
You mean something similar to a refugium? I have a refugium I could set up right under the the T5 that I could put some sand and small bits of LR in with it.

ok gotteeguy is my friend we both live in florida he has a t5 lighting with 2 white bulbs 16k each he is not listening to me i told him the anenome will die and kill all his fish because he doesnt have sufficient lighting but he says its fine my tank is only 2 feet deep and he means if ur tank is really deep then it will die and i KNOW the people who gave us free fish not him and the firefish and 2 chromis are mine i asked 4 1 purple firefish 5 chromis and a yellow eye tang and i gave him the yellow eye tang and the firefish for now for wen i cycle my tank i will not take the yellow eye tang and also he asked 4 a frogspawn and 2 clownfish with the anenome they hosted and ya so um is he right about the anenome depth being ok with 2 bulbs?

Austin, nobody can understand your endless sentence. And the lights are 18,000 K. NOT 16,000 K.
You never said the lighting was insufficient. You said everything would die after I added it in, probably because the only thing in your tank are the chomis that you're using to cycle it with and you want a better tank than mine, so you're just making up stuff now..

Oh my goodness - can I suggest you both stick to your own threads, pleeeese, and keep your discussions to your own tanks

Seffie x

To ALL...please ensure that if you are going to make suggestions or comments about someone's tank or technique, that you use correct information. If you are unsure of specifications, equipment or lab test results, please ask for the information. Thanks. SH

that WAS THE CORRECT INFROMATION HE IS JUST FAILING TO ADMIT THAT HIS TANK DOESNT FIT THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A GREEN CARPET ANENOME

that WAS THE CORRECT INFROMATION HE IS JUST FAILING TO ADMIT THAT HIS TANK DOESNT FIT THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A GREEN CARPET ANENOME
g

Please ignore him.

The anemone has been doing good in the hang-on refugium. It is 3 inches away from the t5 light. Is this too close? Does it need a dark spot to move into if it has too much light? Again, the both lights are 18,000 K.

Most reactions

Back