Over Crowded Tanks

I posted this elsewhere but while you're on the subject, I'd really like to know what compatible little community I could put into this 5 gallon tank?

I've done a fishless cycle in this little tank, it's been ready for ages and I keep looking at fish but I'm pretty much of newbie and found out the hard way some fish need bigger tanks, but I am wondering if there is any small group of fish that I could put in there? I like cory's, tetras, guppies...bright colors and I already have solitary Betta (I would really love many more) but the fishes were supposed to for my daughter, and she finds 1 fish by itself boring!!
 
There isn't really a group of fish you can put in there. If you want a group of something, 4 or 5 African Dwarf frogs would be good.
 
I am overstocked but manage easily by regular water changes / airation/ keeping the filters working at their best / keeping the gravel clean.

I has a bullying 3 " Red tail black shark and simply added a flying fox of the same size and two 1" fisnet flying foxes .... now they just have the occasional chase of each other .
 
I have a red tail shark tha sometimes chaeses the others . I also had a Skunk loach and when I had him they only fought each other. Then I was told to rehome the skunk loach so I did. Then the shark became a bigger bully. My shark is 7 years old and pretty big. I'm not sure I could find a flying fox big enough.
 
You could try adding a flying fox and a couple of fishnet flying foxes as I did maybe even a red finned shark .

I had a large RTB shark and a large Red finned shark in a smallish tank for years they had an occasional nip of each other but mainly just tolerated each other.

I realise that they are ALl of the same genre and many people keep them apart BUT I have had great success with them all together as they occasionally chase each other rather than bullying other weaker fish.

The two fishnet flying foxes chase each other for fun !!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top