Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Two otters from Belfast zoo :)

Attachments

• BelfastZooBallyKeel034.jpg
    BelfastZooBallyKeel034.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 121
aww how sweet.
i thought you might have got wild otters. my brother in law practically stumbled upon a pair playing in the local river. he hasnt seen otters there for many years so it took him by surprise and he wished he had taken his camera as they were only feet away from him.

Unfortunately we dont have wild otters in Ireland AFAIK, no native snakes or beavers or deer either, the land bridge between Ireland and England had been eroded away before they arrived to the UK.

Thanks CathyG, they were hiding for ages then came flying over when a child opened a packet of sweets. New checklist for zoo trips:
Tripod/monopod
Camera
Lenses
Memory cards
Sweets!

Hi Cian- you will be pleased to know that otters are present in Northern Ireland - in fact one has just turned up on my dad's farm on the peninsula! Also as far as I know the Red Deer is native to Ireland- although without too many highlands its range is rather restricted to heavily wooded areas, there are some in fermanagh i believe - Florence court where I used to ride quite a lot.

Cool pic!

I like it a lot, although I think it could have been improved a bit more if the back one had been in focus as well, I think ity would have added more clarity to the shot. Oh well, just a matter of opinion, I suppose!

I love otters!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back