Opaline Gourami And Bolivan Ram?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mnlymandan

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had an Opaline Gourami in with  Bolivian ram?  i have a 55 Gallon Tank that is moderately planted, over filtered and has both driftwood and rock hiding places.  i have two gourami, one opaline male (the boss of the two) and one 3 spot f email and a school of 6 rosey barbs.  i was thinking of adding a harem of bolivian rams but im not sure how they will do with the gourami.  if i do i will be rearranging all the decor in the tank to confuse the gaurami so the rams have a chance to claim territory.  i am very interested in all of your personal experience. 

gourami swim all over the tank while the rams are mainly bottom dwellers.   I have two Bolivian rams in a 29 gallon tank and they pretty much mind their business and eat mainly algae wafers.   The other fish in the tank are rummynose, neon tetras, a siamese algae eater, 3 ottos, and 5 julli corys.--all get along fine.   The only problem I foresee is if a pair of Bolivian rams spawn.  Then the parents can get very territorial.

Most reactions

trending

Back