One Lucky Blue Loach

howard2345

New Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Well these things are getting way too aggressive towards my other fish, they should never have been put in there but previous owner was useless.

So I decided to take both of them out, caught the first one fine but then just couldnt find the second. 3 hours later, a half empty tank, all ornaments out and unsettled gravel muck I decided it was time to give up. I was going mad, I even check the bucket I put the other in twice to check I didnt catch it already and forget, crazy.

So I start putting the ornaments back in and notice the little beggar was inside the handle of a massive Urn that I have, it was out the water for at least 90 mins. The handle is tiny and I didnt even know it was hollow. I still couldnt get it out and realised that its getting more and more stressed so I shook it really hard and it fell out, the loach falls back into the tank, I was thinking it would go and hide, just went straight for the silver dollar he doesnt like as if it was his fault.

I can laugh now but it took a whole 4 hours to get the thing back to Pets at Home. They really are useless though, they had loads of barbs in with a blue lobster and it was just picking them off, I told the woman and she said "no he didnt" having just witnessed it lol.
 
Lol, sounds like an eventful day,

Last time i went into my local P@h for some bird seed i overheard these two conversations that made me chuckle

Customer: what type of plec is that?
Employee: dunno just a normal one

C: Do you have any cardinals
E: No we don't have them cause no one can tell the difference between them and neons
 
Lol, sounds like an eventful day,

Last time i went into my local P@h for some bird seed i overheard these two conversations that made me chuckle

Customer: what type of plec is that?
Employee: dunno just a normal one

C: Do you have any cardinals
E: No we don't have them cause no one can tell the difference between them and neons

My local P@H (huddersfield) is excellent, they have two fish specialists who allways seem to give me the correct info. (i.e. the same as what the people with lots of fish by their name say on here) So i will defend the huddersfield branch. Speaking of lucky loaches, i had a yoyo loach hitchhike a ride in one of my plants, thing is the plant was out of water for ages (at least 30/40 mins) when i litterally threw him in (i was just about to throw the bag he was inside in the bin when i noticed it) it was a little shaken up but is fine now. Who knew?...... air breathing loaches!!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top