Omg, Are These White Round Worms In My White Shrimp Head? Pic

OMG

Reaction score
Hello all, nice Forum, very informative.
I am don't own any shrimp, but I think I might come across some worms in my white shrimp that I buy from the supermarket.
Please help me identify what are these in my white shrimp head.

Few days ago, I buy a box of head on white shrimps from the supermarket. As usual I peel and devein the white shrimps. I usually break the head off, as I break the head off, there were few shrimp inside the head have these mushy round oval shape white blob. It Not long or thin, but it is white and oval, like ovaries shape inside the shrimp's head.

It didn't move, well since the white shrimp was froozen then I thaw it. It looks like undeveloped white ovaries, because it was just three or four white round blob I found, but then it also looks like oval round worms.
Anyways, I remove the head, throw away, and I boil the shrimp and I eat it. if that were worms in the shrimp head, and I eat it, I'm I OK?
I found this pic as I search online, and it look exactly like this stuff that I see when devein my shrimp, the pic have alot of these white blob, my shrimp I only found few.
I'm freaking out right now. I don't usually cook shrimp, this is bad experience for me.

Pic below, Please help me identify

vren88.jpg

This is one of the few odd questions I sometimes see.

However if you thought there was a worm in it why did you eat it anyway? I would have just binned it. Anyway, yes you will be fine. It was frozen and you also cooked the shrimp so everything would have been dead and clean.

Well that wasn't pleasant for a morning read while eating my breakfast aha.

I hope you live :thumbs:

If you're worried I go to the doctors. Unfortunately this is a fish & invertebrates keeping forum not an eating one so I would be reluctant to come here for this type of advice to be honest.

OMG said:
I am don't own any shrimp, but I think I might come across some worms in my white shrimp that I buy from the supermarket.
Few days ago, I buy a box of head on white shrimps from the supermarket. As usual I peel and devein the white shrimps. I usually break the head off, as I break the head off, there were few shrimp inside the head have these mushy round oval shape white blob. It Not long or thin, but it is white and oval, like ovaries shape inside the shrimp's head.
It didn't move, well since the white shrimp was froozen then I thaw it. It looks like undeveloped white ovaries, because it was just three or four white round blob I found, but then it also looks like oval round worms.
Anyways, I remove the head, throw away, and I boil the shrimp and I eat it. if that were worms in the shrimp head, and I eat it, I'm I OK?
I found this pic as I search online, and it look exactly like this stuff that I see when devein my shrimp, the pic have alot of these white blob, my shrimp I only found few.
I'm freaking out right now. I don't usually cook shrimp, this is bad experience for me.

vren88.jpg
I honestly have no idea why you'd eat that, :p

That was very odd. I don't know why you would post that here. 

We see you trolling...we hatin...
rolleyes.gif

lol this is funny :D especially because this is a fish keeping forum not a cooking or medical forum lol

< Remember idiot who ate tropcial fish the right way who trolled on here this morning. :p >

TallTree01 said:

vren88.jpg
I honestly have no idea why you'd eat that,
tongue2.gif

Says the person who eats fish food.

How does this,
vren88.jpg

Look more appealing to you than this?
DSC_4821-940-close-up-photo-fish-food.jpg

I don't get your way of thinking.
Just a random photo I thought I'd share,
3-Eyed-Nuclear-Fish-Food-52699.jpg

Thank you for all replies, but I don't have any concerns regarding to my personal health, or asking for any medical advice.
This is a Shrimp & other Invertebrates section, my question was directly asking to help identify what was that white mushy round stuff in the white shrimp.
In here many people raise shrimp, so likely somebody have see this in their shrimp before. Especially those who raise ghost shrimp where the shrimp body are see through.

If you think I am trolling or my post is violated any rules in this section, feel free to click report it to the Administrator and let him/her come here and read it.

And here is a question to those who pet shrimp, pic below:
Do shrimp developed mature ovaries first, and then it become saddle?
If so, then maybe that is undeveloped ovaries.
I found a pic online of a shrimp that have white saddle. The white mushy blob like the one I see in my devein shrimp.

vrtqid.jpg

Most reactions

Back