Ok, So Now I'm Offically Fuming!

micko

drive it like you stole it.
Reaction score
I'm about to implode here at the moment, I need to rant, ignore me if you wish.

Our oldest wee boy got a phone call from a friend shortly after he got in from school. He asked if he could go out, asked him if he had homework and he said no so I let him go.
He come home with a friend a short time after and asked for help as his friend/ex girlfriend (its all so complicated these days) had passed out because she was drunk.

Went down to the football field, there was was, laying on the grass, shaking, unconcious. There was a few of them there but only another one who had been drinking, the rest, including my boy had been called to help.

I had to phone an ambulance as she was apparently unconcious for around two hours. I then used the wee girls phone and phoned her mother who was greatful I phoned and was going to go straight to the hospital as the paramedics were there at that stage.

The other girl who was also drunk had took off up to her house to "get her things" and didn't appear. She's a wrong un, my boy doesn't hang about with her as she's always getting drunk, is 14, smokes and does worse too.

All was fine, came home and finished making dinner. A knock came to the door around 8pm and it was the father of the girl admitted to hospital. Started spouting off that I got her the drink and he couldn't expect anything less of "young father who is covered in tattoos" that he was also "going to the police" blah blah blah.
I did have to stop him and say I don't drink, that the other girl who was along with her had got the drink from somewhere, pointed him in the direction of their house and explained he may not get a warm welcome there.
Then he proceeds to tell me I'm nothing only scum, my children are scum, my girlfriends scum and kicked my car walking away. Nice fella eh?
I had to stop him as he walked to his car and explain that me, nor my family are scum, if it wasn't for myself or my son his wee girl could well be dead, that my son went down there to help after his daughter had got drunk, that she didn't go to school today and what kind of parents were they when they don't know the friends they keep, don't bother about looking for their children after they don't come home from school and that whilst I may be covered in tattoos that has nothing to do with my morales, the way I bring my children up or how I treat others. I had to throw in too that while me and my girlfriend were very young when we had our first boy, we're still together 14 years later, put our children first before everything and push them to do well in their education.
I also said he would be paying for the dent he made in the rear pannel of my car. He said, for me to prove that it was him, I did feel a little smug when I pointed up at our CCTV camera and said there's was my proof.

I know the parents may not be any way responsible for her daughters behaviour but I wanted to hurt him, make him feel bad, like he was trying to do with me. Tit for tat I know but hey, it was my home he was coming to. I also know that I've grown up quite a lot as I didn't resort to punching him goodlooking like I would have done a few years ago (that's not to say I'd have won by the way)

Anyway, their brat is out of hospital. I've praised my boy for being so responsible and doing the correct thing and he has also said he won't be hanging about with her again.

So proud of him.

Ouch that guy sounds like a Complete idiot :crazy:

I think you did very well to remain as well behaved as you were. I know from experience that, unfortunately, some people can't believe that their kids would ever do anything wrong, ever; it must always be someone else's fault.

They'll fine out the hard way when the lass gets preggers or, god forbid, worse :(

Thing is, she wasn't a bad wee girl when she was going out with our boy. I don't believe she's bad, just easilly led.

I have to say, after venting I do feel a whole lot better.

The CCTV was for my bikes and old cars. I was really paranoid when I first got them. Its never even looked at to be honest.

I know what you mean fluttermoth, I would find it awfully hard to believe that conor would do anything like that myself, but that's just because he's not that kinda wee lad. Never in trouble, always getting A's in exams, wouldn't drink when he was offered a glass of wine at christmas by my girlfriend, which I didn't approve of anyway and detests smoking.

Chav's, even their parents think the sun shines out of their ###. Why have kids when you're not going to look after them?. Anyway, I commend you for not punching that guy, nor would I have blamed you if you did.

Don't get me wrong, it crossed my mind but its really not a good example to set to the kids,nor would it look too good from an employers point of view when I'm applying for counselling posts in the future if any police were involved.

Anyway, all sorted, its a new day, the sun is shining and I'm going to build a wee bit more of my fish shed today. :good:

Well, I dont know what to say really, its all too common an occurance and very depressing seeing how people raise their kids.

Have to sat I was shocked when i know there was a couple who had their kid and someone elses kid in the shop and the other kid was a noisy gobby little sod, about 8 or 9 and effing and blinding and shouting accross the shop, knocking other customers about (and i swear i was going to give her a closer introduction to Nemo than she was ecpecting if she kept making that noise!!)

This couple took their daughter aside and asked her to be quiet and respectful and tell her friend too before she got told off, very calm and explained it all. She ran off back to her friend who got worse and when they called their daughter again sheswore at them loudly and ran off (smashing a few ornaments when she brushed past!) and I turned my attention for a minute but I heard the smack the girl got from the other side of the shelving, it was on her thigh and tbh as much as i hate the ideaof kids getting smacked, she deserved that one!

I was smacked a LOT as a kid and i sure have a lot more respect for other people, half the stuff these kids get away with these days....

------

That said.... :good: Good parenting on your part! You should be proud of yourself and your other half as well as your lad! It makes such a plesant change to hear about good kids :)

I'm in shock, just back from leaving our oldest wee boy, the same one as above, and that state of some of the wee girls down there being turned away from the club was outragous.
They were all over the place, drunk, boking and wearing next to nothing. One wee girl who must have been 13 at least, was laying sleeping outside on the wall. The bouncer woke her up and moved her on, she was wearing what could only be best discribed as a football bib, no sides just a front and a back.
What sort of parents let their children out wearing that sort of stuff. She wasn't the only one, there was many like this.

I'm 28, not 48, so its not because I'm old I'm thinking this way. I just cannot imagine my daughter who is 9 at the minute, coming down the stairs wearing something like that, and then me letting her out of the door wearing it.

:crazy: oh my goodness lol not much older than me, the idea of having kids terrifies me!

I think my final opinion is "i would love to have kids because i hate everyone elses!" lol

My youngest brother has turned 16 and its scarey seeing what he is like now i have had to temporarily move back to my parents. And they thought **I** was bad!! LOL my mum says even i was a total pleasure as a teen compared lol.

But its same while i was at school, some girls waters broke in my English GCSE exams and she was sitting right behind me! I dunno, i was just really immature i guess!

Lol, some kids at our school are really scummy. They all think it's cool to drink until they pass out, smoke weed and have sex on a weekend. These are kids from 13 - 15 years old BTW. It's funny listening to a little fat kid boasting about how many cans he had on the weekend. All of the year 11 (who have just left! :lol: ) have (in the words of one of my teachers) "spent the whole of their time at school strutting around like complete tools". And now my year (10) are trying to do the same. It's funny, my year was well known to be the best year in my school, but it's gone really down hill. There are some kids who used to be ok, but now they are 'hard'. One kid started on me today, he's about 5' tall and quite fat. Not boasting or anything, but I'm 5'10" and am into rugby and running, so I don't think he would have stood much of a chance if he hadn't of walked off. But they all think they are 'solid', so 'ya don't wanna mess wiv these kids'.

On the plus side, it makes my exam results look better compared to the other kids. I find it a bit sad to see kids who used to be A/A* in most subjects getting C's and D's in their GCSE exams. Although I am pretty pleased to have got 3 A* for my science exams this year (100% in 2 and 98% in the other 1). Ok, maybe that was boasting a bit. :look:

Cheers,
Ben :good:

Most reactions

Back