Ok Position For Anubias?

Lynz781

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Do you think this is an ok position for my Anubias? Its been down on the substrate for a few months now and although it produced new leaves and had started to flower the older leaves were yellowing so now I've moved it closer to the surface and wedged it in a split in the bogwood:

Sorry about small pics, photobucket aint working

Edit: oh didnt realise you could click on thumbnails :)

Aren't they supposed to grow naturally, just under the water? How will I avoid light? Perhaps bung some Elodea above it or try and place it lower down like you say?

Yeah I was aware about the rhizome needing to be left uncovered. I was just pointing out that I read somewhere that Anubias normally grow close to the surface and the flower they produce grows out of the water. So todays job was my attempt to create that environment. But then I'm faced with the problem which is too much light. So thought I could maybe have some Elodea floating above it as its one plant that thrives in my tank no matter where it is.

I realise that plants are not "stick-it-in-the-gravel-and-it-will-grow" type thing and have certain requirements but thanks for your replies. :)

Most reactions

Back