Oh! My! Word!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

katykaye

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a juwel 125 tank which, until this morning, had a built in filter.

Now, after 3.5 hours very hard work I have removed the filter and replaced with a Fluval 205 external! Removed all the gravel and replaced with sand and added new plants. I am knackered and the dining room looks like a flaming hurricane has been through it :)

My poor fishies seem ok, though the water is very cloudy even with lots of sand washing and careful placement - hope it doesn't take too long to clear.

And I am having another tank for christmas :) will think about it lots before I decide what to do with it then I don;t have to start changing it all over again!!!

Don't know why you took it out if your not keeping marine. The Juwel filter system is excellent IMO. The space gained by removing it is negligable and your could have had extra filtration instead of replacing it.

I run the 1500lph Juwel powerhead in the Jumbo filter in my Rio 300 as well as a 1000lph canister. I have the intake on my canister inside the Juwel box so it all looks fairly tidy.

Oh well, each to their own. :lol:

Do not forget to put some filter floss in one of the baskets to help polish the water, it will clean the water quicker, leave it in for a couple of days then change it, you will be amazed how dirty it will be.

i feel your pain. getting those boxes off and removing ALL the silicon takes for ever

Took me 20 mins max to do mine. All you need is a very sharp razor blade (be careful!) and the silicon blobs just glide off the glass

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back