Nutrafin Cycle...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ojo

Reaction score
Im kinda a newby, i did have tropical fish about 10 years ago and have decided
to start again. i have a new 95L tank which came with a bottle of 3 day nutrafin cycle
ive read on here how most pro's regard it as noncense, but if it contains high conentrates
of good bateria, then why not use it, as anyone on here actualy tried it? im on my 3rd day
and getting some fish tomorrow.

to start again. i have a new 95L tank which came with a bottle of 3 day nutrafin cycle
ive read on here how most pro's regard it as noncense, but if it contains high conentrates
of good bateria, then why not use it, as anyone on here actualy tried it? im on my 3rd day

Reasoning behind most pro's as you call them dont agree is that bacteria need oxygen and water flow, that doesnt happen. In a bottle normal tank surrounding if a filter goes down bacteria can start to die within 12 hours, do you know how long this stuff has been siting on the shelf and then before hand in the warehouse?, most also need to be refridgerated but again that wouldnt happen sitting on a shelf with fluctuating temperatures... basically all the elements point to dead bacteria and all you will be doing is adding a trace amount of ammonia from dead bacteria by using it, your getting fish tomorrow?, have you actually tested your water after adding an ammonia source?

Reasoning behind most pro's as you call them dont agree is that bacteria need oxygen and water flow, that doesnt happen. In a bottle normal tank surrounding if a filter goes down bacteria can start to die within 12 hours, do you know how long this stuff has been siting on the shelf and then before hand in the warehouse?, most also need to be refridgerated but again that wouldnt happen sitting on a shelf with fluctuating temperatures... basically all the elements point to dead bacteria and all you will be doing is adding a trace amount of ammonia from dead bacteria by using it, your getting fish tomorrow?, have you actually tested your water after adding an ammonia source?

not tested for ammonia as i havnt added any, i was going to but guy at auarium shop didnt need to add any ammonium because i used nutrafin cycle, just add hardy fish.
The nutrafin bacteria has been developed and engineered to suvive such conitions as a bottle.

not tested for ammonia as i havnt added any, i was going to but guy at auarium shop didnt need to add any ammonium because i used nutrafin cycle, just add hardy fish.
The nutrafin bacteria has been developed and engineered to suvive such conitions as a bottle.

LOL, yet again the LFS are wrong, and to the last comment, if you believe everythink written on a bottle there really is no point in trying to explain otherwise, just believe me when i say it wont and doesnt work.

^^ This is true!

There are no active autotrophic bacteria in that bottle!

You need to read that link I provided in my previous post.

-FHM

Sorry dont know what lfs stands for!
how do you know it doesnt work! have you tried it?
would love to hear from anyone who as.

Out of interest I am currenly cycling my tank...
USING nutrofin cycle..

By that i mean I am running a standard cycle but adding "cycle" as to its instructions to finally find out the truth....
maybe I should post my daily measurements here.......

Mostly i'm finding it interesting that the amonia is starting to rise (i'm one day 3 now) as normal but I'm also reading nitrite already too...

Its DEFINATELY not the 3 day wonder the bottle says... as this afternoon definately has a higher nitrite level than this morning..

time will tell.

Sorry dont know what lfs stands for!
how do you know it doesnt work! have you tried it?
would love to hear from anyone who as.

LFS= local fish shop.

yes i have tried it and tried it for an experiment on two tanks and to seperate bottles from two different sources, guess what, niether worked.

The reason has already been explained why it doesnt work and the link given will explain the proceadure of how to correctly cycle a tank :)

USING nutrofin cycle..

By that i mean I am running a standard cycle but adding "cycle" as to its instructions to finally find out the truth....

Mostly i'm finding it interesting that the amonia is starting to rise (i'm one day 3 now) as normal but I'm also reading nitrite already too...

Its DEFINATELY not the 3 day wonder the bottle says... as this afternoon definately has a higher nitrite level than this morning..

time will tell.

Well you wouldnt have nitrite if you didnt have bacteria, and its getting higher, thats good, so there must be live bacteria.
Thank for your input, i will get a test kit tomorrow and see what mine doing.

I have just finished cycling my tank and it took me 6 weeks to get it to cycle using fish as i didn't know about doing a fishless cycle.
I got nutrafin cycle with my 95 litre tank as well and it did absolutely nothing and it took a lot of work to keep the ammonia down (partial water chenges every day) to avoid my fish dying so you would probably be better off doing a fishless cycle.

USING nutrofin cycle..

time will tell.

Well you wouldnt have nitrite if you didnt have bacteria, and its getting higher, thats good, so there must be live bacteria.
His ammonia is rising because there are not enough bacteria to process the level.

-FHM

USING nutrofin cycle..

time will tell.

His ammonia is rising because there are not enough bacteria to process the level.

-FHM

but nitrite levels are rising just as fast as the amonia..... and it should rise after amonia has risen for a few days? correct or am i experiencing something normal?
This is my first cycle with a FULL test kit.. last time I just tested for nitrite only and waited for the spike and its fall...

Cycle has 3 type of dorment bacteria one that eats debree, another eats ammonia and another that eats the nitrite turning it into nitrate, all these become active once in a tank water so it makes sense your results of ammonia and nitrite are rising quickly after each other, im sure nitrate will follow shortly after.

Okay. JUST LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING.

While I was cycling my tank before, I didn't know that I needed to cycle it at first so I didn't cycle it, and one fish died. :( I was doing a fish-in cycle, and they all were pretty fine; however, once I DID all Nutrafin Cycle, it didn't do crap; the only "crap" it may have done was make my fish all listless and sick and sad until I did a water change, because ammonia basically spiked because of it. :(

If you just believe everything written on a bottle, I guess that your reasoning is, "Heck, I don't NEED these people to help me!!!! I'll just believe what it says on the bottle and not listen to ANYBODY else trying to help me and I'll do it all right which is my OWN way and all the fish will be fine," and then I'll be laughing when BAM!, all your fish die. :lol:

Sorry for the harshness, but it does NOT. DO. ANY. FRICKIN'. GOOD. IN. A. TANK!!!! D:<

Sorry for the swearing and stuffzes and such, but THIS NEEDS TO BE GOTTEN ACROSS THAT NUTRAFIN CYCLE DOES NOT DO #105###.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back