Nursery Island 10ltr Nano

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Just a quick update. Unfortunately I can't remove the net as it is full of cory eggs but fully planted now.

Added more stones in here!!! they are the ones with the anubias petite on from my main tank :)

fullfront-6.jpg

AC

Wow really liking that! So jelous of all your tanks lol :p Keep up the great work and updates so i have something to aspire to :good:

is that glosso? or something like bocopa?

Glosso emersed form, second day in the tank. You won't see me planting individual plantlets. lol I am not that kinda person or scaper.

I will let it grow for a couple of weeks maybe a month and take a hold in the substrate. then I will go in with scissors and chop it right down almost to the substrate letting it grow into the carpet.

This is 3 pots from Java Plants. They were £1.75 each so about a tenner inc postage. About the same quantity as 2 pots of Tropica but still very good. Quite impressed with them. lol

AC

Looking good! Glosso does resemble bacopa a bit. Do you suppose I could prune bacopa into a ground cover of sorts?

lol. I don't know how 2 people think Glosso and Bacopa resemble each other. lol

Glosso emersed or under dark conditions grows up but only to about 4". Under 'good' light it grows by runners horizontally.

AC

Yeah, it doesn't really resemble it that much. I did say "a bit"...lol

I let this little tank go a little between february and April. The filter was too much for the fry @ 400lph. The Glosso was struggling and my Corys started to get a little sick and weren't spawning.

With this in mind I decided that as I had so much HC at hand I would try the emersed method.

At the same time I decided to branch off my CO2 to this tank so I bought an inline needle valve, a barbed T connector, 2m of CO2 hose, bubble counter and an NRV. I didn't stop there ;) I also bought a 200/150 lph (manufacturer and retailers can't seem to decide on the lph) external filter.

Here are the emersed pics:

7th April:
drysttop.jpg

drystfront.jpg

17th April
emers1704.jpg

21st April
emers2104.jpg

I then connected up the filter the CO2 and set it off.

Unfortunately within a few days it was covered in Cyanobacteria. I tried a 4 day blackout which worked and as this was at the same time as my Corys has spawned I put 119 wrigglers in. There are also 5 cherry shrimp in there.

A few days the Cyanobacteria was showing signs of returning. All but 1 fry were no more and therefore I decide on the 20th May to rip this down, give it a good clean and try something else.

Sorry folks, a premature end but with it being a fry tank there isn't much room for fighting things that involve bacteria.

However on the same evening as ripping it apart it was rescaped and a new journal will start. Keep your eyes peeled :)

AC

Most reactions

Back