Nothing Foreign Is Safe In The Tank

Kombat

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Ohio
I just learned last night how fragile our tanks can be. My 1 year old put a clean wash cloth into my daughter's 5-gallon tank, killing everything in it: 3 endlers and 5 neons. Whatever was on it, detergent not completely rinsed out, dryer sheet fabric softener, whatever it was, was enough to kill the fish, though perhaps a larger tank would have survived. Just a reminder to be careful what goes into your tanks.

The worst part is that when I bought the endlers that was the only time I'd ever seen them in a store around here. Those will most likely need to be replaced with something else.
 
I just learned last night how fragile our tanks can be. My 1 year old put a clean wash cloth into my daughter's 5-gallon tank, killing everything in it: 3 endlers and 5 neons. Whatever was on it, detergent not completely rinsed out, dryer sheet fabric softener, whatever it was, was enough to kill the fish, though perhaps a larger tank would have survived. Just a reminder to be careful what goes into your tanks.

The worst part is that when I bought the endlers that was the only time I'd ever seen them in a store around here. Those will most likely need to be replaced with something else.
That's pretty crappy :(
 
Yea I rinse my wash clothes in HOT water then cold and ring it out 5-10 times before placing it in the tank.
 
My daughter put a tonne of toilet tissue in my old 22 gallon, I thought the bleach would kill them but they were all fine.
So sorry for your daughter's bad news x
 

Most reactions

Back
Top