Next England Manager!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Siamese Fighter05

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well finally we get to say goodbye to the dodgy swede to bad we have to let him throw away another world cup chance but oh well.... :/

For me, the manager of a nation should be of that nationality. There's alot more passion for the man if he is managing HIS own country.

I think Sam allardyce has done a great job at bolton but i'm not sure how he'd get on at England.
Steve Mclaren was doing good at Boro and then it all went to pots
Alan Curbishly? Nope. :huh:

There's not many great English managers around at the moment but i hope we can find one as the last thing i want to see is a foreigner leading out OUR country with as much passion as Sven Gorin Eriksson....

Who do you want to see as the next English Manager?

As a Scot, I obviously don't wish a lot of sucess on the English side but...

I think in a few years Pearce (City) would be great. I think the English need an English manager or at leats someone with some affiliation with the country. Perhaps someone who has managed an English Premier side. It must be difficult to get passionate about a country you have no connection with and obviously it would be their job but the inherrent passion needs to be there IMO.

(Oh and I am not saying all Scots don't support the English ;))

It's a really difficult one, I am a massive fan of what Big Sam has done at Bolton and I think he deserves a shot at a big job, if he doesn't get England, somewhere like Newcastle or ManUre after the drunken tramp retires would be ideal for him. He has got Bolton to be a top 3rd of the table side, with little funds and has revived the careers of a few players like Kev Davies. His team are capable of holding their own against anyone. I'm not convinced he has the tactical knowledge or the ability to handle the superstars though, so maybe after a spell at a big club.

Curbishly has been doing what Big Sam has for years at Charlton, with the support they have and their income, they really shouldn't have been so secure in the prem for as long as they have been. but the same applies.

Pearce, way too inexperienced, but in a few years yes, in fact I'd like to see him installed as assistant manager under whoever gets the job. He will take no crap from the popstar players and will demand and get respect from all players and he can be learning how to be a national manager as he goes along.

McLaren, just hasn't doen enough to convince me, I know Jim Smith and Alex Fergiscum would rate him highly as their assistants, but perhaps he just isn't cut out to be the main man, similar to Brian Robson.

As for the next manager having to be English of course I'd like that, but how soon we forget what Sven has done, cast your memories back to the Kevin Keegan era, a man who was so not right to lead the country but got the job because the press and the public demanded it.

I'd happily take Martin O'Neill, though I suspect he's likely to either take the Newcastle job or wait for the Man U job.

Phil Scolari has done well with 2 countries, OK Brazil isn't difficult, just choose who to leave out and send them out, but he did well with Portugal, though as he doesn't speak good English (unlike Sven) it would be a problem (not for Becks or Rooney granted) I also think he must be high on the list for Real Madrid.

Gus Hiddink has also done well in european club football and with Holland, Korea and Australia, he can handle superstars and has a wealth of experience at most levels.

I just hope that whoever takes over has the balls to drop the likes of Beckham if he isn't performing and maybe remind him he is a right winger and isn't good enough to play in the centre when we have Lampard, Gerrard and Scott Parker, even Ledley King and Rio are better in the centre than Becks. I'd also strip him of the captaincy and give it someone else, I'd love to see Gerrard with it, but you want the England captain there in every game and to be level headed 100% of the time and Gerrard is still a touch petulant and injury prone, so I'd give Terry the armband. Get the squad knowing that you will take no tish of any of them from the start. If they haven't won the world cup, a few of the stars will not be around for the next one anyway, so get em used to being dropped right away.

Arfie

I agree with pretty much everything you say there Arfie. I'm a big fan of O'Neil and as least he is British.

:lol: Basset for england!

big sam has gota get the job
if not SIR alex ferguson should retire at the end of the season and big sam take over i am a huge fan of fergie but i think he's getting past it now and its time for a change

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back