Newly Bought Black Moor Emergency

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Medea

Reaction score

HI guys, this is my first ever post!

And now I'm going to tone down the enthusiasm because I need your help.

Yesterday I bought a new goldfish (small black moore) and I was especially excited until I got home
and noticed several things. 

First things first, my fish seemed to have transparent-whitish slime around its fins, as well as it's tail, 
from which the substance was hanging in a long streak with one or two white dots in it. So of course
I didn't introduce it to my tank (where I keep a healthy, lively shubunkin). I have researched in the past, and
naturally now, about fish disease and come up with a few possibles (flukes, velvet) to match the symptoms.
Today  the slime has subsided ( I changed the water a few times, always conditioned) and he looks more lively.
But still there are slight anomalies on the scales around it's fins and on the spot that the slime
was hanging from the tail a transparency-discoloration.
I think I must medicate him and I am leaning toward  Praziquantel, but the disappearing slime has gotten me confused.
It could also be some sort of trauma because of the bump on the left side of its body.

I would very much like your opinion if you have faced similar problems, advice from more experienced aquarists is welcome.
Do you think it's flukes?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC04423r.jpg
    DSC04423r.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 151
This could just be excess slime coat due to stress from transportation.
Black moors are quite hardy and tend to bounce back quite quickly.
I don't think it's flukes, I think he just needs to rest in good clean quality water.

You mentioned you just bought him, he could of traveled x amount of distance for x amount to days to get to the pet store.
I would keep an eye on him, making sure to keep the water in optimum suitable conditions and re evaluate after a few more days.

nic1 said:
This could just be excess slime coat due to stress from transportation.
Black moors are quite hardy and tend to bounce back quite quickly.
I don't think it's flukes, I think he just needs to rest in good clean quality water.

You mentioned you just bought him, he could of traveled x amount of distance for x amount to days to get to the pet store.
I would keep an eye on him, making sure to keep the water in optimum suitable conditions and re evaluate after a few more days.

Ok, thank you, I will watch him and probably post again with news. You have been very helpfull.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back