New Vision 180!

pricey

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Points
0
hello guys. Just been thinking about what i want to keep in my new tank and was thinkin along the lines of this

6 x Rummy nose Tetra
6 x Neon Tetra
6x Glowlight Tetra
6x harlequin Rasboras
2 x German Blue Rams
2 x Peppered Corys
1 x Golden Nugget Pleco

What do you think????

Any suggestions???? :blink:
 
How many gallons is your tank?

If you want shoaling fish instead of getting 24, Id get two groups of 10 for a nice big shoal and then boost the peppered cories up to 8 (I <3 peppered corries :P)...

dont forget the pics :D
 
How many gallons is your tank?

If you want shoaling fish instead of getting 24, Id get two groups of 10 for a nice big shoal and then boost the peppered cories up to 8 (I <3 peppered corries :P)...

dont forget the pics :D

Haha my tank is rougly about 50 gallons i think! And guess what ace of spades.......Got my first peppered cory today :hyper: along with a bronze counterpart!!!!!!! haha so im very happy an i can see why your so fond of them!!!! :P
 
Only the 2 cory's?....... IMO they need to be in a group of 5 or more, this makes them fell more secure, being in such a small grop can stress them and make them feel unhappy, so i'd suggest getting atleast 4 more, 2 bronze and 2 peppered just to be sure that both corys have a similar tankmate.

You could even get more than 6 as its a 50g, not sure on how many but 10 would be a good amount i think.
 
Its the same tank as me! Its 47 US Gallons/180 litres.

I've currently got 1 big group of Black Harlequins (15) and a mixed group of corys (currently 9 but im planning a few more) I'm planning to add a centerpiece fish that will be peaceful with them at some point over the summer.

I slowed stocked up with my Corys and the change as i added more is amazing. They were quite shy and skittish when I only had a few but are much bolder with the increased numbers.

I love the way the big group of Harlequins act together and would recommend 1 or 2 larger groups of tetras/rasboras than 4 different species, which ever species you prefer.

How about 6 x Corys, 10 x Tetra 1, 10 x Tetra 2, 2 x Ram and 1 x Plec
 
Its the same tank as me! Its 47 US Gallons/180 litres.

I've currently got 1 big group of Black Harlequins (15) and a mixed group of corys (currently 9 but im planning a few more) I'm planning to add a centerpiece fish that will be peaceful with them at some point over the summer.

I slowed stocked up with my Corys and the change as i added more is amazing. They were quite shy and skittish when I only had a few but are much bolder with the increased numbers.

I love the way the big group of Harlequins act together and would recommend 1 or 2 larger groups of tetras/rasboras than 4 different species, which ever species you prefer.

How about 6 x Corys, 10 x Tetra 1, 10 x Tetra 2, 2 x Ram and 1 x Plec

Sounds pretty good!!!!!! How many more fish could i add before i become overstocked or would i be at my limit with them????
 
Its the same tank as me! Its 47 US Gallons/180 litres.

I've currently got 1 big group of Black Harlequins (15) and a mixed group of corys (currently 9 but im planning a few more) I'm planning to add a centerpiece fish that will be peaceful with them at some point over the summer.

I slowed stocked up with my Corys and the change as i added more is amazing. They were quite shy and skittish when I only had a few but are much bolder with the increased numbers.

I love the way the big group of Harlequins act together and would recommend 1 or 2 larger groups of tetras/rasboras than 4 different species, which ever species you prefer.

How about 6 x Corys, 10 x Tetra 1, 10 x Tetra 2, 2 x Ram and 1 x Plec

Sounds pretty good!!!!!! How many more fish could i add before i become overstocked or would i be at my limit with them????

Tbh In that tank id go for (if its 4 foot)
10 Peppered Corries, 6 Boesmani Rainbow Fish, 2 FireMOUTH Cichlids, 2 Bristnose Pleco's
 
How about 6 x Corys, 10 x Tetra 1, 10 x Tetra 2, 2 x Ram and 1 x Plec

Sounds pretty good!!!!!! How many more fish could i add before i become overstocked or would i be at my limit with them????

You have got 29 fish there, approx 40 to 60 inches of fish depending on exact species. If you are good with water changes and maintaining the tank you could probably keep a few more fish in there, Practical Fish Keeping are suggesting stocking levels of 1 inch of fish per UK Gallon for the first 6 months and upto 2 inches of fish per UK gallon after this.

If anything I would probably add a few more Corys.
 
Tbh In that tank id go for (if its 4 foot)
10 Peppered Corries, 6 Boesmani Rainbow Fish, 2 FireMOUTH Cichlids, 2 Bristnose Pleco's

Unfortunately its not 4 foot.

Its a bow fronted tank and is approx 90cm. It is quite tall and deep hence the volume.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top