New to the forum

JoAgain

Reaction score
Hi I'm Jo! Fish, human and cat mom. I have 4 aquariums, two ten gallons, a 30 gallon and a 75g. Also a 40 gallon and another 30 gallon for future setup (waiting for stands and lights.) I'm having some crazy black hair algae issues in my 75g, so looked online for help and found this forum. Everyone seems helpful and fantastic! I'll post my algae issues in help later today (and pictures of my other aquariums also!) Thanks for having me! 😊

Hello 👋🏻 nice to have you! Looking forward to your photos

Hi and welcome to TFF... :hi:
Also curious for your tank photos...

20230427_085715.jpg

Here's my 30 gallon 😊 I did post this picture for help with stocking and have made a plan there on how to separate species.

In that tank I have 4 swords, recently just planted that teeny tiny one that I snipped off a runner. Two anubia (I'm not sure which kinds but they're at each end of the tank. And about 15? stems of hornwort. I had 8 swords in there but maybe it was too crowded for roots? I'm not sure why some never grew and eventually died

Not all plants will do okay when put in sand. If the grain size is very fine, the soil can suffocate because it silts up faster. This doesn't make it better for plants to root and take nutrition.

I'll have to keep that in mind when I move next spring, maybe I can switch to gravel since the tank will be disassembled😊

Most reactions

Back