New To Marine And Have Problem With Hair/bubble Algae

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MORGANpl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ive just bought a small marine tank with live rock. On few of them is a long hair algae. What is the best thing to do?? Take the rock out and brush it of the algae or get emerald crab???? I have 1 clown fish,cleaner shrimp and a blue leg hermit crab. Will they be safe with the emerald crab or will he try to get them?? I think that I have as well a bubble algae on my rocks. Im not sure but it looks like an air buble.

Ive just bought a small marine tank with live rock. On few of them is a long hair algae. What is the best thing to do?? Take the rock out and brush it of the algae or get emerald crab???? I have 1 clown fish,cleaner shrimp and a blue leg hermit crab. Will they be safe with the emerald crab or will he try to get them?? I think that I have as well a bubble algae on my rocks. Im not sure but it looks like an air buble.

How big is the tank? And what are your stats? Specific gravity, ph, nitrate, phosphate?

How big is the tank? And what are your stats? Specific gravity, ph, nitrate, phosphate?

I dont think that I will be answer to all. The tank is 58L. The pH is 7,5 Nitrate 20ppm Gravity and phosphate I cant check with my test kit that Ive.

How long has the tank been setup? Can we see a picture of the tank? The pH is rather low, but if the tank is still young so the pH may fluctuate. Nitrate is rather high at 20ppm. You don't have something to measure specific gravity, either a hydrometer or better still, a refractometer?

llj

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back