New Tank Recommendations

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ChrisP

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been out of the hobby a few years now but thinking about getting back into it. Something smaller around 90L is what I want this time, but it looks like Juwel only start from 125L these days. Any recommendations? Also which places do people use to buy online? Previous sites I used don't seem to exist any more.

Cheers,
Chris 

EDIT: can a mod please move this to Tropical Discussion category.

Hey, welcome back to the hobby!

Not sure where you are based but I am from UK and my first tank was a Fluval Roma 90, a perfectly fine tank and I had no issues, had 2x T8 lights and Fluval U2 filter .
(would recommend upgrading U2 to a external cannister tbh as U2 is rather bullky but a decent filter though)

And prices are not bad for a brand new tank set up at around £160 ish in well known chain LFS store, matching cabinet sold separte at about £90.
Obviously 2nd hand will be much cheaper and are some bargains around.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/fish/tropical-fish-tanks---accessories/tropical-fish-tanks/roma-90-tank

Hey there, thanks for the welcome!

I am also in the UK and have heard of Fluval. The Roma 90 looks like it could be just the ticket with an external filter added as you suggested. I think I may have an old cannister filter about in the garage I could dig out. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back