New Tank - How Level Is Level?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

stevewood

Reaction score
This weekend i've re-homed my fish into their new tank (Fluval Roma 90 from 60l clearseal) together with a Fluval cabinet.

I've filled it up and the water level is out (non perfectionists please dont wince) by 1mm side to side and 1mm front to back (this wont be seen once I fill the tank up to its correct level). So thats 1mm over 600mm and 350mm respectively.

Is this level enough or shall I reduce the high corner a smidge?

Steve :blush:

This weekend i've re-homed my fish into their new tank (Fluval Roma 90 from 60l clearseal) together with a Fluval cabinet.

I've filled it up and the water level is out (non perfectionists please dont wince) by 1mm side to side and 1mm front to back (this wont be seen once I fill the tank up to its correct level). So thats 1mm over 600mm and 350mm respectively.

Is this level enough or shall I reduce the high corner a smidge?

Steve :blush:
well to be honest im sure over a period of time the average floor will move more than that so im sure that is more than ok.

yeah as long as you cant see the water level its fine. that would p**s you off if it was on a slope.
i know cos i set my tank up a bit lop sided once, but its ok now

My 4 foot tank is the same i have the waterlevel just over the bottom of the hood.

Just got to keep an eye on evaperation.

I couldnt resist it!

Got some clear plastic and made some shims up, so it now sits level. Wish I could have this OCD lark cured, you should see me go with scratches or marks on my car!! :blush:

Most reactions

Back