New Tank Advice Needed

natural blue nina

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi Guys,

I hope you can help.

I am looking at replacing my small tank wih a larger one (pending the OK from the other half!)

I have a 90cm bay next to the fireplace in my living room in which the tank will go - so I'm looking at 80-85cm length at the very most. I need to have a cabinet also, so am taking the price of the matching ones into account.

I am mainly interested in getting the tank with the most capacity in this gap. So far I have found:
* Aqua One Acquience 850B - holds 200 litres - £400 ish
* Fluval Roma 125 - £200 ish
* Evasion 80XL - 160 litres - £270 plus filter & heating
* Aqua One Regal - 160 litres - £400 ish
* Aqua One Regency - 180 litres - £400 ish

Does anyone have any experience of the above to help me make a decision?
How much does additional capacity (gained through height) affect the stocking capacity - there will be marginally more surface area on a bow fronted tank I guess
Am i missing any lesser known brands which may be able to cater for my specifc length? The norm seems to be 92cm or 101cm lengths and I'm struggling to find any other options.

Thanks in advance,

N
 
i cant speak from experience but apparantly there are companies such as boss who make made to measure very reasonably.
 
What about Juwel tanks ? rio 125 or maybe the lido range as they are made for smaller spaces.

Also the height is Not as important as the width / length really. Although angels like some height. Really its your choice, obviously the bigger it is the more fish it can support, although thats not quite true with regards to sharks etc, as they like the length.

It will look nice with a taller tank, and you can have plants bogwood etc that uses the space.

I would get the longest you can get in that space.
 
Guys,

Thanks for your advice. I went to World of Water today, and found an Amazon aquarium, same as the Aquence 850B for £100 less, with the same filter and heater etc. There is just slightly less silver edging which is fine by me.......

Boyfriend hasn't moaned too much so I'll have it at the weekend - woohoo!!!!

N
 
If it's going next to the fireplace, I'd just check to see what the temperature variations are like when it's on then off; it could affect the tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top