New Oscar Pond Diary!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I agree on a heater - think it would be a nice addition, have a look for a small pool heater - you could fit that near your skimmer with little / no hassle

you could get some sort of sunfish; they're native to the Southeast and come in an astonishing variety of colors. the longeared sunfish is larger and a group of those might be suited to your pond. check out aquabid.com and see what's available. :thumbs:

You're definately an inspiration to us all. Good Job. I live in Arizona so maybe i'd give one a try when i have a house of my own and some $$$.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: oooooooommmmmmmmmmmgggggggg what a lovely pond, being from the UK that would never ever happen, we are prone to cold temperatures all bloody year round!!! but my goodness that is beautiful, u should be glowing, i know i would be!!!! well done mate

Lucifer xxxx :wub:

checking out fish profiles.com it says that they prefer (72F - 81F) water. i think you said one night it went down to 60? how'd they like that?

i live in southern california and i have a 500g pond. before i stocked it with koi i was thinking about cichlids too, but the temps here get to about 60 also, which seems a bit low.

i do have a paradise fish in there that has been living with the koi now for almost 2 years. He seems to be fine, but they can handle (61F - 79F).

is the fish profiles site a bit off on oscar temp range? if they can handle 60's, i'd like to try some also :D

Awesome pond! I thought pictus needed to be kept in groups though? I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to add a couple more.

Hey druxboyz, wouldn't the paradise fish get eaten? Well, I guess it depends on what size your koi are at the moment, I just know they can evetually get three feet long and require a 1000+ gallon pond! (or tank, if you can find one big enough! LoL)

i have a huge pond aswel but seems i'm in englands i have to settle for my koi goldfish and the like but i found some more goldfish fry(well their about 1 inches now) in the pond today and i spent about 10minutes earlier watching my goldfish lay more eggs.

i love your pond wish i could do that for my tropical fish, bloody british weather

i want 1 :drool:

:good:

yes, the paradise fish would get eaten in time. I am almost done connecting my 450g pond to another 160pond. hopefully then i can have an oscar or 2 in the 160 and koi in the 450. :p

any word on how low of temp the oscars can handle?

Most reactions

Back