New(Ish) 30 Gallon Tank

Riv

Reaction score
I have a 30 gallon freshwater aquarium that currently has basic guppies in it, as well as numerous snails. It is a live plant aquarium, with a gravel substrate. I want to restock this aquarium with some more interesting fish. I'm planning on keeping the snails, but the guppies are going to go.

My question is this: I like angelfish and colorful fish like fancy guppies or beta fish, though I'm open to other ideas as well. What could I stock my tank with so that those fish would be compatible?

EDIT: the dimensions of my tank are approx. 30" by 12" by 18", I am told there is not enough height for angelfish.

I have a 30 gallon freshwater aquarium that currently has basic guppies in it, as well as numerous snails. It is a live plant aquarium, with a gravel substrate. I want to restock this aquarium with some more interesting fish. I'm planning on keeping the snails, but the guppies are going to go.

My question is this: I like angelfish and colorful fish like fancy guppies or beta fish, though I'm open to other ideas as well. What could I stock my tank with so that those fish would be compatible?

what are the dimensions of the tank? Angelfish need about a 20 inches tall at their full size. Thats of water, not of tank dimensions. so if the tank is 20 inches tall or lower and has a good amount of substrate, it's not gonna work well for them.

I'd recommend bolivian rams, they can be quite colorful and peaceful, but I don't know if they dig up plants or not, I don't use live plants in my aquariums.

You can also fit in a gourami, either a dwarf or a large, but if you get both, there can be aggression issues, and some gouramis can be aggressive to fish in general as they mature. Pearl gouramis, opaline gouramis, and these dwarfs in particular are my favorites. EDIT: Gouramis can't be kept with bettas either.

Neon and cardinal tetras are common in the hobby, with the striking blue and red stripes on their bodies, though there are a lot of larger fish that will eat them due to their small size.

Those are my only recommendations I can throw out, as I'm actually more of a dull looking fish lover. But I'm sure there will be others to help you out on here, good luck :good:

Most reactions

Back