New Heater

Number 1 Jasper

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
west moors , Dorset ( uk )
Hello all , I have not been on for a while .

We o moved the fishtank today as we are getting new carpets fitted , I lowered the water level , BUT forgfot to switch off the heater .

It went POP......anyway it was a VISITHERM 200w model .

I bought an Interpet Deltatherm 200w one to replace it .

It does not seem to be capable of heating he tank to 25c

The room we have moved the tank into for a short time is a LITTLE cooler that the room it is normally kept in , can any one reccomend a GOOD replacement ?

My tank is a Jewel 125l tank with an external filter .

The interpet was NOT the cheapest in the shop.........
 
Hello all , I have not been on for a while .

We o moved the fishtank today as we are getting new carpets fitted , I lowered the water level , BUT forgfot to switch off the heater .

It went POP......anyway it was a VISITHERM 200w model .

I bought an Interpet Deltatherm 200w one to replace it .

It does not seem to be capable of heating he tank to 25c

The room we have moved the tank into for a short time is a LITTLE cooler that the room it is normally kept in , can any one reccomend a GOOD replacement ?

My tank is a Jewel 125l tank with an external filter .

The interpet was NOT the cheapest in the shop.........

You now hvw the oppertunity to go down the external heater route and i would. I haven't had one so don't know about reliablility but should be ok.

You can get them in 200 or 300W, 12 or 16mm openings

andrew
 
i currently run 2 hagen elites in my tank have found them to be pretty good so far
 
Hello all , I have not been on for a while .

We o moved the fishtank today as we are getting new carpets fitted , I lowered the water level , BUT forgfot to switch off the heater .

It went POP......anyway it was a VISITHERM 200w model .

I bought an Interpet Deltatherm 200w one to replace it .

It does not seem to be capable of heating he tank to 25c

The room we have moved the tank into for a short time is a LITTLE cooler that the room it is normally kept in , can any one reccomend a GOOD replacement ?

My tank is a Jewel 125l tank with an external filter .

The interpet was NOT the cheapest in the shop.........

You now hvw the oppertunity to go down the external heater route and i would. I haven't had one so don't know about reliablility but should be ok.

You can get them in 200 or 300W, 12 or 16mm openings

andrew

Have to be honest , have never even HEARD of an external heater.................
 
not 100% sure on this 1 but i believe they go in-line in the filter return pipe so you can heat the water without having heaters visible in the tank.
 
I like Eheim Jagers because they don't shatter when exposed to air then water like other heaters:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbDFbcd8kA0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbDFbcd8kA0[/URL]

Hydor external filters are brilliant at getting equipment out of the tank, great peices of kit.

Other good heaters are the Rena Smaertheaters, which are basically just very though.

I had an Aqua One stainless steel heater with external temperature setting, but it broke within one year :/ . While I had it it was excellent though, I could have just had a bad one.
 
Can you take the heater back? You could swap for 2 x 125W heater which would be better or do the in line thing as mentioned the heater will be more effective with a good flow running across it.

Hello all , I have not been on for a while .

We o moved the fishtank today as we are getting new carpets fitted , I lowered the water level , BUT forgfot to switch off the heater .

It went POP......anyway it was a VISITHERM 200w model .

I bought an Interpet Deltatherm 200w one to replace it .

It does not seem to be capable of heating he tank to 25c

The room we have moved the tank into for a short time is a LITTLE cooler that the room it is normally kept in , can any one reccomend a GOOD replacement ?

My tank is a Jewel 125l tank with an external filter .

The interpet was NOT the cheapest in the shop.........
 
I like Eheim Jagers because they don't shatter when exposed to air then water like other heaters:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbDFbcd8kA0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbDFbcd8kA0</a>

Hydor external filters are brilliant at getting equipment out of the tank, great peices of kit.

Other good heaters are the Rena Smaertheaters, which are basically just very though.

I had an Aqua One stainless steel heater with external temperature setting, but it broke within one year :/ . While I had it it was excellent though, I could have just had a bad one.


Brilliant , thanks , will go for a Jager :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top