New Guppy Fry!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PlasticGalaxy

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
(Singular, not plural) I've got a guppy fry! Noticed a very tiny little fellow in the 54L today, assumed it was a gross nymph or something of the sort, turned out to be a diddy little fry! Only got one for now, hoping for more soon.

However, I may have a little dilemma: I'm very unprepared! No special food, no fry net, e.c.t... What can I do on such short notice?

Here's the fry and the guppy I'm assuming gave birth to it. Apologies for the terrible photos - these were the best I could get. Hands were shaking, was pretty excited.
1620591391428.png
1620591398293.png

Again, I'm hoping for more, but it's but ~9 hours since I first noticed this fry, so I'm not sure if there'll be anymore...

Aww! You don't have to do anything special, you can get fry food but you can also just crush some flake into powder and they'll eat that just fine. For cover, just uproot a couple of your stems and let them float, the fry will hide amongst it at the surface and slowly venture out deeper into the tank, although your fry looks a couple of days old already!

(Singular, not plural) I've got a guppy fry! Noticed a very tiny little fellow in the 54L today, assumed it was a gross nymph or something of the sort, turned out to be a diddy little fry! Only got one for now, hoping for more soon.

However, I may have a little dilemma: I'm very unprepared! No special food, no fry net, e.c.t... What can I do on such short notice?

Here's the fry and the guppy I'm assuming gave birth to it. Apologies for the terrible photos - these were the best I could get. Hands were shaking, was pretty excited.
View attachment 136350View attachment 136351

Again, I'm hoping for more, but it's but ~9 hours since I first noticed this fry, so I'm not sure if there'll be anymore...
Wee little one

Well, this one is at least a couple of days old. Sometimes 1 or just a few are dropped. And after a while more will follow. Nothing to worry about.

I have ten thousand billion of these things in my tank and want none of them. My adults don't eat them and they just survive on what the adults survive on... I'm having the HARDEST time keeping my guppy population down... And here are people EXCITED to have fry. Lol

I have ten thousand billion of these things in my tank and want none of them. My adults don't eat them and they just survive on what the adults survive on... I'm having the HARDEST time keeping my guppy population down... And here are people EXCITED to have fry. Lol
Well, yes, it's my first time having fry. It's not a crime to be excited about something. Maybe it'll be a pain in the future but I'm happy to have them now, and there's no need to shame me for that.

Oh I wasn't shaming you. My apologies!! I didn't mean it that way. This is my first time with guppies and I love guppies. Had I known mine would breed the way they do - I would have probably chosen a different type but still. I hope your babies do well. I just found it funny how one guppy owner is excited to see fry and another gets more feelings of DREAD each time more appear. Definitely did not mean it in a mean way.

Oh I wasn't shaming you. My apologies!! I didn't mean it that way. This is my first time with guppies and I love guppies. Had I known mine would breed the way they do - I would have probably chosen a different type but still. I hope your babies do well. I just found it funny how one guppy owner is excited to see fry and another gets more feelings of DREAD each time more appear. Definitely did not mean it in a mean way.
I'd happily take some off your hands. Love my guppy tank, very pretty so far.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back