New background and photo dump

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Looking good! The HR’s look healthy. :good:

Thanks! They're happy active little things. I like them very much. They keep trying to lay eggs but haven't been successful yet (at least that I've seen) - in the future I'll try to accommodate them a little more to see if I can get fry out of them. But at least I know they are happy and healthy based on the breeding behaviors.

The java fern is attatched to the rocks making the little "cave system" on that side. And my floating plants are two variations of Water Sprite (ceratopteris thalictroides). I'm very happy with the water sprite - like you said, they're providing excellent shade and giving a very natural look to the tank. I also like that they are very easy to manage and keep in a certain spot. I have nothing corraling them to one half - I just push them over there and they stay. Granted my surface agitation isn't very high, but it's enough to keep everything clear. They're also very fast growing, like most floating plants, and have helped clear up some of my more problematic algae :)
Oh, I was confused and meant java moss.
Anyway, I've never seen such a root system on water sprite ! Most excellent ☆

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back