New 55 stocking ideas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Brad G

Reaction score
Hi all, I just got a new 55 gallon and was hoping you could help with stocking ideas. I like runny nose tetras, angels, bristle nose, was trying to think of what I can add also. Thereā€™s 1 guppy who has been fighting all the other guppies in my other tank now but heā€™s either going back in the old tank or the store. I also have 2 small rams horn snails and a baby cherry shrimp that found itā€™s way in.
B02EC7C6-6B58-4BD5-8515-9024E3618BF5.jpeg

Hi all, I just got a new 55 gallon and was hoping you could help with stocking ideas. I like runny nose tetras, angels, bristle nose, was trying to think of what I can add also. Thereā€™s 1 guppy who has been fighting all the other guppies in my other tank now but heā€™s either going back in the old tank or the store. I also have 2 small rams horn snails and a baby cherry shrimp that found itā€™s way in. View attachment 127832
I plan to add a ton more plants. Just got this tank a week ago. I also am not sure if that guppy has found that baby shrimp, so he might not be in there anymore lol

Maybe some corydoras, or a loach species? Depending on you water hardness, that is.

Love that piece of wood.
We had a hoolie guppie as well. We ended up giving him to the old boy on the corner who has kept fish since the 80s in our 340ppm/19dh water. Surrounded by bigger older fish heā€™s apparently a lot more chilled out now.
Best to suit your fish choices to your water hardness. Iā€™m no Cory expert at all due to our water but everything Iā€™ve read about them says theyā€™re best suited to sand not gravel because of their feeding by rummaging their faces in the sand.

Love that piece of wood.
We had a hoolie guppie as well. We ended up giving him to the old boy on the corner who has kept fish since the 80s in our 340ppm/19dh water. Surrounded by bigger older fish heā€™s apparently a lot more chilled out now.
Best to suit your fish choices to your water hardness. Iā€™m no Cory expert at all due to our water but everything Iā€™ve read about them says theyā€™re best suited to sand not gravel because of their feeding by rummaging their faces in the sand.
Yea I have eco complete as my substrate so I donā€™t think itā€™s good for many of the bottom feeders from what I read. Also thanks I love the wood also. Itā€™s a piece of ghost wood that I found at a LFS

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back