Need Someone With A Brain To Assist With Geometrics Please

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a small pentagon that I can buy a condensation tray for already pentagon shaped.

The 2 long back sides are 12", the 2 shortest sides are 5", the front edge is 9" and the front corner to corner measurement is 16"

So when a tray is advertised as e.g. "18"" X 12"" Condensation Tray" what are they measuring to obtain an 18 and a 12 because I have a lot more than numbers when I measure my tank!

Thanks in advance, don't worry I'm off to see the wizard, he might give me a brain ;)
 
i imagine it will be the length and width of the tank as measured across middle.

Here's a crappy picture to illustrate:

pentagon.jpg


(ok so that pic looked slightly better in paint...!) Does that give you an idea?

Can you email the supplier to check?

HTH

EDIT: can you get me some art skills from the wizard please?!
 
i imagine it will be the length and width of the tank as measured across middle.

Here's a crappy picture to illustrate:

pentagon.jpg


(ok so that pic looked slightly better in paint...!) Does that give you an idea?

Can you email the supplier to check?

HTH

EDIT: can you get me some art skills from the wizard please?!

LOL thanks mate, can anyone clarify this wonderful drawing to be true?
 
they will measure it by the lengh and the width (the longests parts)

Something like this................

pentagon.gif
 
Wicked, cheers clever people
 

Most reactions

Back
Top