Need Some Fish Ideas For My 65 Gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ive got a 65 gallon set up with 3 bosemani rainbows, 3 axelrodi rainbows, 6 black skirts, 1 gold gourami and 1 bristlenose plec. Im wishing to add another type of fish or 2 to the tank but im not sure what to add. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for friendly fish i could add to the mix.... thanks

I always suggest Congo Tetras for stocking larger tanks...They are beautiful, and I love mine!

loaches or a shark for bottom? maybe angels too? just ideas that popped into my head

A large group of congos would be great and you may also like a few Puntius denisonii. A red tailed black shark would be the most suitable in terms of size but each specimen varies in it's temperament so excercise caution.

I wouldn't add angels. I tried adding angels to my 65g community and within a week they'd killed my b.n. plec, albino plec, 2 bosemani rainbows and 2 swords (I think it was).
I couldn't figure out why, after 3 years, I was having all these deaths until one morning I noticed that one rainbow had lost scales on both sides of his back overnight. The angels were attacking the other fish from behind. I got rid of the angels and no more deaths.

hmm.. depends on the individual angels i guess as i have no problems.. i can see that being an issue to consider with them tho

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back