Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Need Some Fish Ideas For My 65 Gallon

Discussion in 'Tropical Discussion' started by Just_Another_One, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Just_Another_One

Ive got a 65 gallon set up with 3 bosemani rainbows, 3 axelrodi rainbows, 6 black skirts, 1 gold gourami and 1 bristlenose plec. Im wishing to add another type of fish or 2 to the tank but im not sure what to add. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for friendly fish i could add to the mix.... thanks

2. SharonCC

SharonCC Member

I always suggest Congo Tetras for stocking larger tanks...They are beautiful, and I love mine!

3. murphyk32

murphyk32 Member

loaches or a shark for bottom? maybe angels too? just ideas that popped into my head

4. Pleccy

Pleccy Member

A large group of congos would be great and you may also like a few Puntius denisonii. A red tailed black shark would be the most suitable in terms of size but each specimen varies in it's temperament so excercise caution.

5. purple_drazi

purple_drazi Member

I wouldn't add angels. I tried adding angels to my 65g community and within a week they'd killed my b.n. plec, albino plec, 2 bosemani rainbows and 2 swords (I think it was).
    I couldn't figure out why, after 3 years, I was having all these deaths until one morning I noticed that one rainbow had lost scales on both sides of his back overnight. The angels were attacking the other fish from behind. I got rid of the angels and no more deaths.

6. murphyk32

murphyk32 Member

hmm.. depends on the individual angels i guess as i have no problems.. i can see that being an issue to consider with them tho