Nathaniel's 20h Aquarium Journal

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

What is your pH out of the tap (if you're using tap water, if not what are you using?). Maybe you could try mixing it with RO water.

What is your pH out of the tap (if you're using tap water, if not what are you using?). Maybe you could try mixing it with RO water.
What do you mean what is my pH out of my tap water? Do you mean what is it before i add dechlorinator and all of that stuff?

What do you mean what is my pH out of my tap water? Do you mean what is it before i add dechlorinator and all of that stuff?
Yea, just put some in a cup and test the tap water. I am interested to see what it comes out at....

Drew

hey mcdaniel it would be nice to see a front view pic of your tank :)

hey mcdaniel it would be nice to see a front view pic of your tank :)
Will get one after my algae outbreak is overwith, :lol:

pH of tap water: is about 7.0
So then it's something in the tank that's raising pH. Maybe it's the substrate.....?
Well, if it's my substrate I'm just going to have to have a high pH. I'm not switching substrates!
But we (or should I say you) really need to know whats causing that spike. If it spikes high enough or fast enough it could potentially kill your fish. What substrate is it again? Do you have any rocks in there? Is the c02 working properly? (even though I thought c02 dropped the ph... :dunno: )

Drew

I have tahitian moon sand, and the co2 is working properly.. i tested the tap water again and its.7.8 (after it sits)

Obvious question. What's your mix for the Hagen Nutrafin CO2 system? Are you adding both Bicarbonate and Yeast? Bicarbonate is only needed if your kH is less than three, otherwise it is not necessary and Bicarbonate is often used to raise pH and buffer the water. At least to my knowledge. Just throwing something out there.

llj

Obvious question. What's your mix for the Hagen Nutrafin CO2 system? Are you adding both Bicarbonate and Yeast? Bicarbonate is only needed if your kH is less than three, otherwise it is not necessary and Bicarbonate is often used to raise pH and buffer the water. At least to my knowledge. Just throwing something out there.

llj
No, I'm only adding the yeast and of course sugar and water as it asks for....

Hmm, Well i suppose, LOL... A bloodfin tetra died, case is unknown. all stats were fine except teh nitrates, was a tad high but i don't really think that would have killed him. for they weren't risky. Umm, all stats are now 0 and i have added 2 more water wisteria plants and a corkscrew val. Also have about 50 baby guppies, LOL...

What kind of lighting upgrade are you saving for?

llj

Okay, I have a Super 24" 130W Power Compact Aquarium PC Reef Light NIB on its way. It should be here within the next few days.

----UPDATE----

Well, my pH hasn't seemed to gone up or down. Everything is going smoothly and in about a month or so I'm goingi to be breeding some cories. I wil be putting a pic up in abour an hour or so.

Ammonia: 0
Nitrate: 10
Nitrite: 0
pH: 7.9
Hardness: 300

Most reactions

Back