Mysterious Fish Deaths

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mr Tomato

Reaction score
It was brought to my attention some years ago, that a certain pet store' in the London area, had its total fish population wiped out in just a matter of one week. It was Sept 1986, and on visiting I saw that all the tanks in the shop were'Lights-off'. After posing a question to him, he said, " Dunno pal, Mystery. I've been watching them die one after another" I later found out he had taken a delivery of those 'plug-in room fresheners and boxes of scented candles for the shop next door as a favour. I remember looking at the delivery piled high in the corner of his shop and thinking how it stank the shop out. Some years later my friend had a similar happening, and he watched his whole fish population slowly but surely go belly-up. We decided to send a water sample off to the local zoo. The results were astounding but at least obviously overlooked.
The report read of Toxins, some of petroleum based mixtures and other chemicals too enormous to spell. I looked on the small print of one of the air-freshener in my friends kitchen,thinking back to that shop and wondering.. and there were at least 2 of the chemicals in the report on the side of the can. Where am I going with this? Maybe you know!
Of course you know! A total ban on all scented candles aerosol cans-perfumes-aftershaves-plug-ins-even that harmless looking under-arm spray.{nowhere near any aquariums}It is usually the simplest of things that can nuke-out' a whole bio culture, right down to the last one standing..BEWARE!!

I hope this has been useful to you all. Although..it was a little creepy eh?"..lol
Useful link http://chemistry.about.com/od/healthsafety/a/dangerous-household-chemicals.htm

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back