My Tropical Fishes Wont Swim

ToughFish

New Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi have got 6 tropical fish 2 Silver Sharks 2 Angels 2 Golden sucker loaches now I got a problem I know the loaches arent big swimmers as we know that’s how they are but my other 4 fish in the tank 2 angels and the 2 silvers they all wouldn’t swim. Often in the morning they would swim for a bit like in periods then they just go the bottom all day in the group and just sit there I was told to try darken the lighting in the tank also put ornaments in which I have. I Have got a air stone in their as well for oxygen this has all helped a bit but they still start to swim in periods but then they all go back down to the bottom i have changed many times the water the water chem is right I don’t knows what else I can do? They are healthy because when I feed them they would go for the food anyone else know what the problem is? also btw its new fish in the tank ive only had them 1 week so far
 
it wouldn’t be the water chem the water is in good cond yes I have cycled it this has been happing since I put them in the water 1 week ago
 
with 2 silver sharks and 2 angels, you tank should be at least 6ft long x 18 inches wide with at least 18 inches of water height.
otherwise it is overstocked and you should re home the fish.

the CAEs (what you call sucking loach) would be more suited to a river set up as they prefer a fast flow with very little or no planting,
they will also become quite territorial when older and often suck the slime coat of deep bodied fish like angels and silver sharks
 
man when they swim they are good maybe i should take out the fake plant for more room
 
what is that supposed to mean?
did you even read my previous post?

let me put it simply for you to understand;
your fish are in a tank that is too small for them, things will only get worse
unless you either re home them or get a tank of at least 6ft x18x20
 
what is that supposed to mean?
did you even read my previous post?

let me put it simply for you to understand;
your fish are in a tank that is too small for them, things will only get worse
unless you either re home them or get a tank of at least 6ft x18x20
i cant see where it says the size of the tank, how do u know its too small?
 
its big enough for their size also i asked the guy at the shop before i bought them he goes siliver sharks do grow but he goes like any fish if the tank is big enough and got room it will grow bigger
 
i think its the water im gonna go a buy Nitrate Nitrite even if i changed the water i still wanna see what those 2 levels pulling at ph is fine i know for fact
 
yeah thats what i was thinking what wolf was on about anywazy i still dont think its the tank size my mate had a silver shark much small tank then mine much small like way to small and it was swimming for him like i said my angels go down to the bottom 2
 
Muppet alert, muppet alert :alien:

























like you weren't thinking it :P
 

Most reactions

Back
Top