my plecosmus is dying???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pandief69

Reaction score
My plecosimus is barely alive. I touch him and sucks to the tank and he releases and goes back to the top. this is the 2nd one. what is wrong with him????

Sorry to hear your fish is sick :(

I'm afraid we can't get to the root of the problem without more information, but you should do an immediate large water change (at least 50%; 75% if you can), making sure the new water is warmed and dechlorinated, and see if that improves things; good, clean water is the best first aid for fish. And please don't touch the fish; it's stressful for them and could make things worse.

After that, could you post; the size of your tank, how long it's been set up, what other fish you have, plus the results of any water tests you've done, including pH and hardness, if you know them, please.

That might help us work out what's happening.

Sorry to hear your fish is sick :(

I'm afraid we can't get to the root of the problem without more information, but you should do an immediate large water change (at least 50%; 75% if you can), making sure the new water is warmed and dechlorinated, and see if that improves things; good, clean water is the best first aid for fish. And please don't touch the fish; it's stressful for them and could make things worse.

After that, could you post; the size of your tank, how long it's been set up, what other fish you have, plus the results of any water tests you've done, including pH and hardness, if you know them, please.

That might help us work out what's happening.

I came home from work and he did not make it. I did a water change to vacuum the rocks on Saturday morning. I read some thing about being bent, he was bent. Don't know if it was water change, or he was sick. he was fine before the change. I used safetank and start safe in my tank, 25 gallons. I have 2 angel fish and a butterfly molly. They are fine. I tested water, everything fine, water was a little hard. Maybe i added a little to much of safetank
The water was a little white/cloudy and had particles floating around in it. should i treat my tank for the other fish, they are okay and the tank is clearing up. I thought about purchasing a bigger filter, but this filter is pretty good size and came with the tank.

Could you post the actual numbers from all your tests. please?

How long has it been set up? What is the 'safetank' and why are you adding it?

if he was bent its lack of food they bend when there starving sturgeon do the same thing must be a thing with armored fish.

Most reactions

trending

Back