My New Opaline Gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi thanks guys and yeh she is deff a female in my tank i have a male and two females 2 blue colour and of caurse her the yellow one all the ways to tell gender suggest female

Dorsal fin nice and rounded
Body is deeper then my males and they are all 3"

I wont bore u all with the others but yes she is a she :)

I love the Three Spot Varieties but they tend to be much more aggressive than the Pearl Gouramis. I still have an Opaline female & she currently rules the tank with an iron fin even though there's an almost 4 inch long female Pearl & a 3.5 inch male Pearl.

I plan to add a Gold Gourami female to the mix eventually. Good luck with all of yours, Gouramis are my favorites and yours is a great specimen.

Thank you and good luck with urs :)

Yeh i gave up on dwarfs even though their body shape imo is the best because they r do fragile :( i bought 2 about 2-3 months ago both are dead so i have now picked a tougther specemin :)

Thank you and good luck with urs :)

Yeh i gave up on dwarfs even though their body shape imo is the best because they r do fragile :( i bought 2 about 2-3 months ago both are dead so i have now picked a tougther specemin :)

I think the Pearls are the best since they're hardy & they have much less aggression towards each other & the other inhabitants of the tank. I have a pair of Pearls with a female Opaline & they seem to get along great.

yeh i did think of getting them but they just seemed to thrilly for me also my lfs's dont stock them unfort

i may get some in the future :)

this is her yawning lol

009-3.jpg

and this is her displaying to the water lol

010-3.jpg

yeh i did think of getting them but they just seemed to thrilly for me also my lfs's dont stock them unfort

i may get some in the future :)

and this is her displaying to the water lol

010-3.jpg

In this picture I can clearly see that she's female. My Opaline looks exactly like this one in body shape, size, etc. but she has a very round belly. She's about 3.5 inches long & she sticks up for the Pearl female when the Pearl male gets frisky.............. :lol:

Lol good on her lol
Yeh ive taken some real nice photos of her i like the one where she yawning lol

What kind of camera do you use? I just got a Nikon CoolPix S6100 for Chritmas & I can't get any stop action detail shots without blur. It's a 16 megapixel but I'm not really sure how to use it yet. I think it may have a setting...............No, I haven't read the manual yet.

Lol ur cameras better then mine :)

Mines a fujifilm S3500
4mega pixle

Has ur cam git a little flower settin if so put that on also use flash

And most cams these days have a auto focus when capturing a pic dont push down all the way and it should turn on

Also point the camera down a little so the flash relfects some where else also take pics in at night no lights on besides ur aquarium light that is allowed to be on lol hope these tips helped :)

How pretty! I love opaline gourami, they are my favourite,I want one for my new tank with my honey gouramis. They have the silver/blue ones in Dobbies.

Personaly i wouldnt recomend that tbh because opalines are far more agressive then honeys and opalins will fight any other may gour in the tank :( :)

Personaly i wouldnt recomend that tbh because opalines are far more agressive then honeys and opalins will fight any other may gour in the tank :( :)
oh :( nevermind lol
These are the small honey gouramis which I was told aren't honeys but actually a hybrid :unsure:
I like the pearl ones too and the white ones. I will have another read at the pinned list on here about people and their gourami experience and see what I can have!
Thanks

:) sorry about that ops are one of the best gours
U could put female dwarf gours in with ur honeys they shoul be ok (dont take my word tho) but ive not seen a prob they are similer size just dont get a male as more then one male of gour besides honeys will attack each other unless u only have female honeys then one male will be good :)

Most reactions

Back