My Modded Fluval Flex

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Andycap84

Reaction score
My Modded Fluval Flex 15g

If you own a Fluval Flex, join the group. Fluval Flex Enthusiasts on Facebook.

Decorative:

Mopani Driftwood
Spider Wood
Dragon Stone

Anubias Nana
Cabomba
Amazon Sword
Hygrophilia
Echinodorus "Reni"

Ferts/Gas

Flourish Iron
Flourish Potassium
Flourish Phosphorus
Flourish
Prime

Co2 setup is Oistra 95g disposable bottles with 3in1 diffuser.

Tank Mates

Endlers
Cobra Guppies
Assassin Snails
Ghost Shrimp
Crystal Red Shimp

Filtration

Fluidized Marineland Media balls
Filter Floss
Bio Media Bag
*No Carbon*
JBJ Lighting Nanozapp-3 Watt Uv-C Inline Sterilizer

b27f685bfb6c7df99372718e3472ffdc.jpg

fa7188eadf56b86e9fee53863ba59c33.jpg

79f65a8bc17956603becf2fe692a1353.jpg

9e8019b4f1f2e8dc2d26a0b53c33fb56.jpg

ab4af4b6f979957eb6238281b8c9487d.jpg

d24f726b70a97b3e77e01779670e854d.jpg

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Hello. New to the forum.
Have just purchased 57l flex. Installed an inline co2 diffuser by UP and planning to run moving K1 Micro in the pump chamber.

Andy can you send pics/ explain how you have modded the filter bays? Wondering what to do in the first bay.
Also any issues with the size of the slats for the intake at all? I'm worried chilli rasboras/ shrimp will easily fit through the gaps!

B Regards

Talha

Hello. New to the forum.
Have just purchased 57l flex. Installed an inline co2 diffuser by UP and planning to run moving K1 Micro in the pump chamber.

Andy can you send pics/ explain how you have modded the filter bays? Wondering what to do in the first bay.
Also any issues with the size of the slats for the intake at all? I'm worried chilli rasboras/ shrimp will easily fit through the gaps!

B Regards

Talha
The intake holes are too big. If you haven't filled it yet, silicone screen mesh on the inside of the intake holes. If you've filled it already, cut large pieces of the black filter sponge to shove between the glass and the intake holes.

As for fluidized media. You remove the old cartridge. Add an air line to the bottom of the middle chamber. Hold the air line down with suction cups. Add your K1 and start the air pump. The air will start the fluidization of the media and return the cleaned water to the output pump.

I added filter floss to the first chamber since I was no longer using the cartridge .

Hope this helps.

I have pics on the Facebook group Fluval Flex Enthusiasts. Join. Hope to see you there.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.
Unfortunately i am no longer on any social media so can't access the group!

I was thinking of leaving the standard black cartridge in middle chamber and fill alfagrog at the bottom of the middle chamber?

Was thinking of placing the moving media in 3rd chamber alongside heater and pump. Any thoughts?

Having trouble finding this mesh tape, can you post a link when you get a chance please?

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.
Unfortunately i am no longer on any social media so can't access the group!

I was thinking of leaving the standard black cartridge in middle chamber and fill alfagrog at the bottom of the middle chamber?

Was thinking of placing the moving media in 3rd chamber alongside heater and pump. Any thoughts?

Having trouble finding this mesh tape, can you post a link when you get a chance please?
The mesh is screening. Screen can be found at the hardware store. Cut it to the size of the intake hole like a patch and silicone the edges. Let dry overnight. Now you can keep small fish and shrimp.

As for your media idea, I'm sure it will work just the same. Most sump systems have the fluid media in the middle. But I don't see why you couldn't have it closer to the pump.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back