My Last Cory's Behavior

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
Well I lost 2 of my 3 Cory due to me not knowing how to take care of them (I do now) and my last cory "seems" active. Buuuut there are some things that worry me now...

So I have just gotten home from work and it seems that my Platy is trying to bully him now that he is the last one. Every time the cory comes close he will poke him with his mouth. I'm not sure if this will harm him or stress him so I need options. Other then that he is swimming around one of the tank walls (which is where the platy is hanging out) and going up and down it. I now have proper food for him and feed shrimp pellets and freeze dried tubiflex worms (one or the other) every other day. I dont see any physical problems with me other then him other then the prviopusly stated. Should i be worried and will he be fine by himself? I may be able to get another partner for him this weekend after im payed.

He is a Green (or emerald) cory.
 
Cories need to be in groups. I would get 2 or 3 more. It may be that he is stressed and confused by being without his friends.
 
how well do they do with cory of a different type? I dont want to get 2 more Green cory since they would grow to big for my 5 Gallon. Would pygmy cory work (if I could find) or would any other fish work well with my cory.

Lastly when I do get my bigger tank it will be 30+ gallon but also be a Dp tank with some louche and Oto's. I know they will all fit but would a Dp kill my cory? I will also plan to have everyone inside the tank before I added the Dp to get situated.
 
I have 2 types of Corys. 3 of each kind.
They dont mingle with other species.
 
so my only real choice right now is to get 2 more green cory? how long will he be able to last? I dont get paid till friday and wont be able to pick them up before then.
 
so my only real choice right now is to get 2 more green cory? how long will he be able to last? I dont get paid till friday and wont be able to pick them up before then.
Gish are resilient .... you should be fine.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top