My Large Betta Splendens Collection

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dominus_XVIII

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
All my splendens, enjoy. Also check out my wild collection as well.

Female Black Copper CT
513.jpg

Female Royal Blue HMPK
DSCN7985.jpg

Female Jet Black HMPK
black2.jpg

Male Black Copper HMPK #1
fwbettashmp1333775108.jpg

Male Black Copper HMPK #2
fwbettashmp1340461160.jpg

Male Black Devil HMPK #1
fwbettashmp1330683122.jpg

Male Black Devil HMPK #2
fwbettashmp1329866457.jpg

Male Super Black HMPK
fwbettashmp1329483186.jpg

Male Black copper King CT
fwbettasct1330627548.jpg

Male Black Copper CT
fwbettasct1329749440.jpg

Male Metallic Blue HMPK #1
fwbettashmp1326358005-1-1-1.jpg

Male Metallic Blue HMPK #2
fwbettashmp1326701791-1-1.jpg

Male Metallic Blue HMPK #3
fwbettashmp1326357830-1-1.jpg

OMG! Thank you for that :)
The male Black Devil, awesome. So is the king crown and everything in between.
But I have to ask, only if you want, where do you get such magnificent Bettas?
Truly magnificent.

OMG! Thank you for that :)
The male Black Devil, awesome. So is the king crown and everything in between.
But I have to ask, only if you want, where do you get such magnificent Bettas?
Truly magnificent.

Thanks Cherie :) I get 90% of my bettas from Aquabid, since I've built good friendships with the breeders in Thailand. We talk every so often about the hobby, breeding and just general life lol, so when ever they come out with new stock they always send me a email with links to their current bids or just email and show me their stock before they post them up for sale. Beneficial both ways for the breeders and I, since I get to call dibs on what I want and I occasionally make small donations to them. This gets also me deals or even sometimes free bettas, which other individuals aren't available to haha.

I haven't posted here is quite a while, due to college taking up a lot of my time, but here's a small update. Expanded my blue mask Halfmoon plakat collection earlier this month. Just got in 2 new males and 3 females, I'll be using these 5 bettas as my new breeding group, let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Male Blue Mask HMPK #1
fwbettashmp1356098280-1.jpg

Male Blue Mask HMPK #2
fwbettashmp1356410034.jpg

Female Blue Mask #1
fwbettashmp1356859845.jpg

Female Blue Mask #2
1270a-1.jpg

Female Blue Mask #3
fwbettashmp1355910601.jpg

i absolutely love them, we were planning on buying a half moon next month, how much does one actually cost to get it from seller to my tank roughly?

khial said:
i absolutely love them, we were planning on buying a half moon next month, how much does one actually cost to get it from seller to my tank roughly?
It would depend on your suppier and your shipper. I get my bettas from Thai breeders on Aquabid, then they get shipped over to Canada, where the transhipper charges $12 per betta to cover the international fees. I'm not quite sure about how the shipping works for the UK, I do know that customers in the US need to pay the breeder $5 along with the cost of the betta and then a shipping fee to their transhipper. You would be to contact the transhipper in your area to get a quote for the shipping charges.

4so its not as expensive as some people say, ive been looking on aquabid and seen a few for $20 which i think is around £15 plus delivery to shipper so lets just say £20 GBP to get them in the UK...and then ive found a shipper that says his costs are only £5 per Betta....I just thought this was cheap considering all the processes and paperwork etc.

stunning bettas. my favorite is also the male black copper #1.
what are you keeping them in? i would love to mave a lot of bettas, but i have no idea what to do to keep them, i dont really like dividers

Questions? said:
stunning bettas. my favorite is also the male black copper #1.
what are you keeping them in? i would love to mave a lot of bettas, but i have no idea what to do to keep them, i dont really like dividers
I have my females in a 50gallon planted community tank with my wild betta species, my main show betta (Black Copper King Crowntail) is in my 10 gallon planted tank as of this year and all my other males are in divided 20 gallon long tanks. All of which is kept in my fishroom, which use to be my study lol.

Questions? said:
lol, sounds like a lot of bettas.
Yes, they're quite a handful, especially when it comes down to feeding them or when I need to medicate them. The ones posted are of my adults, there's still their fry to account for haha. You could say I'm up to my neck in bettas, but I don't mind ;)

Questions? said:
hahaaa. how do you breed them?
I select my pairs, after I've decided on the traits I'm looking for and then start conditioning the pairs. While the pairs are being conditioned to breed, I set up 10 gallon breeding tanks with 3 inches of water and add a dried Indian almond leaf in each tank. Once the pairs are ready (as in; once the male has built his bubble nest and the female is plump and displaying breeding bars) I place them into their breeding tanks and cover each tank with a towel, to make it nice and dark to set the mood for them :p
I leave them for a day and check up on them the day after. By this time the female has deposited her eggs and the male will be floating under the nest to catch any eggs that may fall. I remove the female at this time and relocate her to her recovery tank, where she usually recovers fully within 2 days time.
After the courting and once the eggs have been layed I just sit back and allow the male to father his young :). The male should be removed once all the fry are free swimming or floating.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back