My Guppy Got Stuck In The Filter!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

#1 Fish Fan

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just yesterday one of my male guppies got stuck to the filter. When I saw it I unplugged the filter and it swam free. His tail was all ripped, no red though. He started swimming strangely so I put some treatment in. Sadly it was too late and half and hour later he died.

ITS ALL TOO SAD FOR ME!!

It was probably about a year old when I bought him. I have had him for 2 months now. This has never happened before, even with a guppy half the size of him! I would just like to know how and why this happened!

I have done this orange in respect for my fish that was yellow but I still want you to be able to read it!

R.I.P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1 Fish Fan

Sorry if it seems disrespectful to your fish to change the colour but it honestly was very hard to read and I thought you would rather have some answers to your questions than leave the text that colour.

As for your guppy getting stuck to the filter, usually this only happens when they are very ill and weak already so he probably had something wrong with him.

Most important thing to do is test your water or get it tested at a shop and then tell us what the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate readings are.

Ok, thanks for that MBOU. And next time I will pick a much darker colour! How is this one?

Well, it's readable, but there's nothing wrong with black either.

And I agree with what MBOU said re diagnosis of the problem.

This happened to me, the fish was too weak to swim that the intake pipe sucked him into the filter.

Mine got 'attached' to the filter. The filter I have is built in with the tank and it goes into the gravel. The holes in it make it inpossible for a adult fish to get sucked into it. These fish are my daughters but she lets me do all the dirty work! She was peering into the tank, then she screamed. I said be quiet and she said ' MY BABY IS DYING!' I turned the filter off but sadly it was too late.....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back