My Fishless Cycle

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I would end all the speculation and take a sample of your water to your favorite LFS and get them to check the parameters. If the readings are right then continue on the way you are going and wait for it. every tank is different. I cycled a 10 gall for my neighbour and it took 15 days before i saw a nitrite spike of any kind and even then it only got to 2ppm 2 days later it was at 0 and the tank was cycled. Go figure. Point is go with what you are doing until someone can confirm your readings. a lot of the people have difficulty with fishless cycling when they change things up in the middle of their cycle and it just throws everything off. So get a confirmation of your readings and then carry on with the 20-25 drops and see where it takes you. JMHO :)

I actually got a nitrite reading yesterday, it was about .50, I tested my water later in the day, maybe the nitrites took a while to appear? Okay well I'm gonna continue with the good ol' 25 drops.
:kana: :kana: :kana: :kana: :kana: :kana:

mike45 said:
Filter is a whisper filter.
Media is from an aquaclear 300. I also squeezed out my aquaclears sponge INTO my 10 gallons water.
My temp. is at 90 degrees fahrenheit, I knew about how bacteria grows better.
I have one plant, its not very big.
The pH is 7.4 or higher last time I checked.
temperature may be a factor. the bacteria does grow better at warmer temps but towrds 90 and above it seems to stall out the cycle. I recently let my one tank get to 90-92 and my fishless cycle came to a screaching halt and has since stopped processing any ammonia. I'd stick to 82-84 at the highest.

Most reactions

Back