My First 'proper' Planted Aquarium...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Thank you all, it's really nice to hear good comments from the planted gurus. I really respect all of you so it means a lot.

Well, the stems that we you were talking about "filling in" started to lose some of the lower leaves so I cut off any that were damaged. Dunno if that was a good thing to do or not. They are starting to branch out a bit more now. I know this happens some with stems if they can't get enough light at the base but just wanted you guys' opinions on whether or not this is the case with mine. You can see what I am left with in the pic.

Picture086.jpg

Thanks, I have trimmed the plants and re-planted the good stuff in front. I removed quite a bit and put them into the other tank to recover from the trauma I gave them. lol I just couldn't stand to look at the browning leaves any longer.

While gazing at my tank today (an activity that takes up a good bit of my time), I realized how truly pleased I am with the results. It still isn't the PFK cover tank that I envisioned in the beginning but it makes me happy. I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone who has helped me, whether it be by answering my annoying questions, creating pinned topics, or journaling your own planted endeavors. You guys are great, thanks!

Okay, enough of the sappy stuff...

Does anyone know what this plant is? I'm thinking Micranthemum umbrosum.

Picture098.jpg

Please excuse the snail poo, I need to do a bit of a vac...
[size=-1]

[/size]
[size=-1]
[/size]

About which part? My needing to do a vac or the plant ID? Just kidding...thanks Aaron!

Okay, how about this one?

Picture101-1.jpg

The story behind these two is that I pilfered some small clippings from a local lake. It is still pretty cold here so they looked a bit rough when I brought them home. I was thinking some type of Ludwigia...although not terribly visible in the pic it is starting to get some rosy coloring on the leaves.

The first one looks like Bacopa to me and the second possibly Ludwigia Repens.

However remember I am not so good at stem plant IDs. lol

AC

I don't think the first one is Bacopa as it has grown runners in the very short time that I have had it. It's spreading like wildfire actually. The second definitely looks like Ludwigia repens. I have one more for ID but I cannot get a good pic of it at the moment. It's kind of buried in the bush and there's no easy way to photo it. I'll try again in the next couple of days once it grows a bit. Thanks for the help guys!

Okay, I managed to get a halfway decent photo of the third plant for ID. I really have no clue on this one...some type of Hygrophila maybe. The leaves on this one are starting to turn a bit pink also.

Picture106-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back