My crazy ambitious afternoon

Sorrell

If you're a bird, I'm a bird
Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Messages
4,152
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Wyoming, brrrr!
Sunday is my big water change day. All the bettas get done twice a week, rotating days other then Sunday, but on Sundays I do all 6 big tanks and then all the bettas which is a lot . Anyway, I just invested in a python after many people told me how insane I am for doing a 150 and a 100 with buckets :S I started my water changes on the 150 all excited with my new python :) I decided to be very ambitious and take out 50%...worked great until I went to fill it. My faucet blew the attachment off everytime I switched the flow :hyper: Spilling and shooting water everywhere :grr: So I got to carry 75 gallons in my 2 gallon bucket.

Why do I have a 2 gal bucket you ask? Well my friends, my dear husband used both my 5 gal buckets for soap related activities :X I went to Wal-Mart and was told 5 gal buckets are a seasonal item :blink: Apparently I missed bucket season.

After I filled the 150, I still had all the other tanks to do, besides being exhausted the only eventful thing that happened was this. In trying to cut corners and fill my betta tanks on top of the entertainment center by pouring water directly from the buckets in ( I usually fill them with cups) The bucket back splashed as I lifted it over my head :/ Dumped 2 gallons straight on me :-(

I'm tired :(
 
look on the bright side...at least you won't have to wash your hair so soon ;)

really though, when is bucket season? and what are 5gal buckets used for, in bucket season? im intrigued :lol:
 
bucket season? thats not good, I'm getting a 55 gallon soon and I need a 5 gallon bucket >.< Oh well... 55 gallon's are easier to water change than 150's, im sure, lol.
 
I'm sure you can surpass bucket season by going to Home Depot or Lowes, we don't have one, so I'm just stuck with Wal-Marts logic :S
 
5 Gallon Round Buckets = Home Depot $3.99.


Have you figured out why the python was blowing off? I would like to know because I'm looking into one.
 
Its times like that when I make people repeat what they say a few times to see if they see the absurdity of what they just said.

"Excuse me where are the 5 gallon buckets?"
"I'm sorry, 5 gallon buckets are a seasonal item"
"I'm sorry, could you repeat that please?
"5 gallon buckets are a seasonal item"
"Wait, just one more time, cause I swore you just said that there is a season for 5 gallon buckets."


That is so ridiculous.
 
That reminds me of the cartoons with Bugs BUnny and Daffy Duck. But instead the arguement is:

"Bucket Season"
"Shovel Season"
"Bucket Season"!
"Shovel Season"!


:lol: :lol: :lol: :P
 
i would like to know what bucket season is too :lol:

but on a more helpful note, my python blew off the faucet two or three times, so my husband went to the hardware store and bought a heavy duty ring to screw onto the end that attaches to the faucet. problem solved. it is harder plastic than the green on the python, cost about $0.50. and it is hard enough to not be able to cross thread it and get stuck or damaged.

hth
karri :flex:
 
That is a crazy, ambitious afternoon.
I didn't know they had bucket seasons.
You should try to fix those fittings on your Python.
 
I've worked it out!

bucket season is when buckets are harvested from the bucket trees. They can only be picked when they're ripe and they don't store well, so you can only get them at that particular time of year. ;)
 
Maybe this year I'll get lucky and have the oppurtunity to pick my own bucket straight from the vine! :hyper:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top