My Clown Knife at the Minnesota Zoo!!!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

superman

Fish Addict
Reaction score
The Minnesota zoo will be putting my Clown Knife fish in therre huge freshwater exhibit. My friend had an internship their this past summer and told me that they were looking for oddball fish for the new exhibit. I called up the lady that is setting it all up, and she wanted my 14 inch clown knife fish and my 13 inch black ghost knife. I couldn't part with the black ghost knife, but I drop off the clown knife fish tomorrow at the zoo. I can't wait to see how big he gets in their huge tank, he will be SO happy! I am consolidating my freshwater tanks down to one 55 gallon and one 30 gallon. So if anyone is interested in a complete 55 gallon freshwater set up and can come pick it up, just let me know.

Lakeland Minnesota, basically right at the wisconsin border. The contents of the 55 gallon would be the following

Millenium 2000 hang on back filter
Acura 150 watt heater
Hood with lights
Laminate wood stand (with open area underneath tank, doesn't have cabinet doors)
Electric timer for turning off/on lights
Whisper air pump with air stone
Natural uncolored gravel already in tank, enough to cover the tank bottom very well

Make an offer if you are interested.

superman said:
The Minnesota zoo will be putting my Clown Knife fish in therre huge freshwater exhibit.
Congradulations, Superman. How proud you must be of your great fish! :thumbs:

But surely I could not be reading this right. Did you say you are going to have fewer tanks? No, that can't be right. I don't believe it. :no:

Someone should tell you it doesn't work that way.............. You are supposed to get more, more, more tanks!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously! How can you give up a tank :eek: ? Man...if I lived near you I would gladly take it off your hands for a fair price ;)

I aint that far away I live right on the border of wisconsin as well only about 6 hours away from you!!! I just wish that I had the money and the space for another 55. anyway where is the minnisota zoo at I have friends in oscolea wisconsin and I think that we may be visiting them soon and we may just have to go and check it out. my lfs just got one in as well but I am begining to lose faith with them as the prices are starting to get out of hand.

The reason I am getting rid of the 55 gallon is to have money for the 90 gallon that I am picking up from a friend tomorrow, he is selling it to me for 200 dollars and that includes the oak stand, gravel, UGF filter, and a blood parrot cichlid.

Directions to the Minnesota Zoo are HERE

I am very proud that they would want my fish, I know that they will take good care of him, and I hope that many people can get enjoyment out of seeing him.

Most reactions

Back